1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Wade

Wade Senior member

The clothing can't really get any cheaper

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

you just did. You can link them to this post or put the images in a zip or imgur and link them

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

A website suggestion for the Luxire folks:

You need a wish list option where a customer can save something to a wish list and keep it there until he's ready to order.

1 person likes this.
  4. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

5. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Just make a Luxire bookmarks folder in your browser and save direct links to the stuff you want to order in the future.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

linen chambray shirt

really happy with my fit right now, and now those aren't my nipples, was just lazy with the ironing.

this one fits a little bit looser than my normal shirts.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

That's the same kind of fit I finally got right with the last oxford I got back from them. I found that what looked really good standing up was not so good sitting down for long periods of time at work.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

super fitted shirts aren't comfortable or practical, and look really disproportionate from any direction other than straight on looking in a mirror. it might look good in a magazine spread, but not in real life.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ exactly, that's what I found when I first started getting MTM shirts about three years ago. I got them all made too tight - if you can't comfortably sit down without the fabric pulling and stretching around your waist, then it's definitely too tight.

10. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Great fit Teger!

Have you thought about slightly reducing the shoulder width though?
    I like my shoulder seams to sit right on the tips of my collarbone, but that might not be for everyone.

11. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

I'm waiting for them to add spandex to swatch book. Should look even better in the magazines...

12. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

I'm getting ready to submit another order, and I'm wondering what specification would most closely approximate the collar on an Isaia shirt. It think, though I'm not sure, that it's fused and you can actually see the interlining above the pouch for the stay. But it also is soft in a way to create a very nice curve. Maybe the softest level of fused? Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts on the differences between the UCLA Royal Oxford http://luxire.com/products/ucla-blue-royal-oxford and the Perfect Monday http://luxire.com/products/blue-royal-oxford ? The stats look the same, so it's a little hard to tell what differentiates them. I'm thinking of trying to do something similar to the Panta blue button down.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  13. Teger

Teger Senior member

I have a really big back for my frame, and I find that if I have a smaller shoulder it pulls when I move my arms.

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Submitted my first order from Luxire a couple of hours ago. Can't wait. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. MattR

MattR Senior member

So impressed with my firsts, I'm going in for seconds. Hopefully the pale blue poplin works out - looking for some staples.

16. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I saw this and I almost thought I wrote it. The other Beatlegeuse will be placing his first order next week :) I dropped a shirt off with my tailor to get the sides taken in just a bit (MTO from Epaulet), and when I pick that up next week I'll be using it as my template for my first Luxire shirt.

1 person likes this.
  17. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Haha! Sometimes this happens to me, I saw a post of yours and thru my mind goes: "Did I already posted in this thread?" Hahaha.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  18. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Get a room, you two.

19. DonaldGrins

DonaldGrins Member

This polo looks so soft and smooth. :)

20. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sharing, just like that.

[​IMG]