Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Wearing the copper chinos today. First impressions are overal good. They are thick. More so than I had anticipated. Fit is good...I may need to add a 1/4 to waist maybe becuase of the thickness of the material and maybe DAKS + Loops on the next chinos/khakis...otherwise measurements feel near perfect (need to take precise measurements this weekend).

It seems there's an inner lining / band inside the waist that was also in the grey houndstooth. This was not in my first pair of pants and I'm curious about what it is. May have to PM Luxire about it.

Well, it looks like I have effectively dialed in my dress and casual (khakis, etc) trouser measurements!!! Still not dialed in on shirts though, which was a surprise. I thought the pants wouls take longer but I have to say, Luxire is VERY GOOD at trousers. We'll see how they hold up in the long term but I wouldn't hesitate to pull trigger on the more expensive materials now.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. Sid

Sid Senior member

I had the same problem. Incorrect cuffs and collars on 2 shirts. Return shipping to India is on me. I'm unlikely to keep using them. Not worth the hassle.

3. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Looking to go with the Dugdale fabrics for this.
    http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-beige-8967
    and
    http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-grey-plain-8959 or
    http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-light-grey-plain-8960

Will wait till I see examples of the suit jacket/sport jacket construction before pulling trigger on that.

Any thoughts?

4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have a full suit coming in a few weeks in Dugdale... It's half lined, so it should be a fair test of Luxire's abilities. I am expecting good things, as almost everything I have received so far has been great.

5. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Oh yes, I want to hear about this when you receive it. Presumably they'll post a lot of pictures since it's likely one of their early examples of a full suit if not the very first. Which material did you order just out of curiosity?

6. burghler

burghler Senior member

Personally I'd go with the beige for summer trousers, though I'd prefer a heavier cloth for drape. But cuffs might help in that regard.

7. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

i'd love some really basic workhorse work linen/cottons - blue, white, blue striped, etc.

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Shrinkage isn't only factored in, they're pre shrunk for you. I've had zero problems.

10. mattcritchlow

mattcritchlow Well-Known Member

same experience here, no problems at all.

11. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Same here, had 3 shirts with the wrong collar size. Not worth sending them back to India I'll use them without tie.
    For now I'm ordering from other MTM places. Will maybe try again in the future, but it looks like their adherence to your input measurements is becoming a problem. Their prices and fabrics are really good though, and the fact that they offer unfused collar is pretty cool for the price.

12. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

On the other hand, they'll remake any shirt that YOU screw up for the exact same charge. I did something dumb on my order and they were 100% willing to remake it. I decided it wasn't worth the ~$40 round trip, but that's still way more than any MTM company I've seen.

Also they did make it (and my previous order) bang-on to my specifications, I just screwed up one of the details. I sent in a well fitting shirt and it was spot on from the beginning, and the second batch was almost exactly the same.

14. manchambo

manchambo Senior member

It's not worth it to send three shirts? I think you need to recognize that you're getting a tremendous discount on the shirts, and some added shipping costs may be incurred. Surely we are all aware that we can walk into a number of stores or tailors and have some nice shirts made, but it will cost 2-3 times more than these shirts. If you did that you would be able to walk back in with it to get corrections. You're getting a good deal based on it being made in India, so it will have to be returned to India for corrections.

I would point out as well that my experience, when I wanted cuffs re-sized, was quite different. I sent the shirt to NJ, which cost maybe $5. Then they returned it with my next order so I didn't pay for return shipping. I suppose it may have been a different situation because I was also sending a shirt for replication, and ordering another one.

15. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Could you guys do a oxford cloth popover shirt? I'm guessing that's entirely possible?