• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like most the left and middle one from the bottom row.
Would you share some specifications?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What mill(s) are they of?
What's their weight?
How thick a warp and weft (are they called like that too for denim fabrics?) is been used? The bottom center one definitely looks more rough-textured than the bottom left one, which I think is influced by the thickness of the yarn used to weave the fabric.
Any information about stretch? There are definitely fabrics which stretch more than others.

Last edited:

Nicolai

Reaction score
Yes. That can be done. Would be an additional charge though.

Sounds good, I'll most likely order a casual shirt with a crest once I've received my second shirt. How would I go about paying for a shirt with a crest? Separate transaction after the initial shirt order once you've figured out how much it'll cost to make? Or should I place the entire order via email and get a price quote?

Last edited:

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have advice for which fabric to order for staple white buttondowns? Happy to field suggestions for both oxford and twill fabrics. Looking at the $70ish fabric area.

emptym

Reaction score
Here's a few shirts I got recently in preparation for the summer, two seersuckers from fabric I bought at a local store and a Luxire Belgian linen:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have advice for which fabric to order for staple white buttondowns? Happy to field suggestions for both oxford and twill fabrics. Looking at the $70ish fabric area.

Warzone White Oxford (none plus)

Last edited:

bubba04

Reaction score
Looking to try a custom shirt from Luxire as an alternative to Modern Tailor. Can anyone who has tried both comment?

Also, I can't seem to find what the shipping cost to the U.S. is, even after reading thoroughly that section in the FAQs. Am I to assume that the cost is $20, even though the shipping to Canada is free??

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to try a custom shirt from Luxire as an alternative to Modern Tailor. Can anyone who has tried both comment?
I have had both. I liked my MT shirt for going out, but after about five washes it kind of started falling apart.

My luxire oxford (Tri-colored stripe) on the other hand is at about 10 and now extremely comfortable.

Better value on the fabrics from Luxire too.

bubba04

Reaction score
One more question -- I have a neck that falls between 16.5 and 17, but looks like you have to choose one or the other when ordering. Do they really not let you customize the neck measurement?

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chuck it in the notes and they'll do it; my experience for whatever is in the notes. Though every now and then they might forget something but usually really minor things.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One more question -- I have a neck that falls between 16.5 and 17, but looks like you have to choose one or the other when ordering. Do they really not let you customize the neck measurement?

Chuck it in the notes and they'll do it; my experience for whatever is in the notes. Though every now and then they might forget something but usually really minor things.

Yes, notes are your best friend for all custom requirements. Since adding the notes window tot he fabric choice option itself, the misses have been close to zero and getting better.

BTW, for neck and most other choices, we do have quarter inch jumps for measurements. Should be able to order 16.75

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What mill(s) are they of?
What's their weight?
How thick a warp and weft (are they called like that too for denim fabrics?) is been used? The bottom center one definitely looks more rough-textured than the bottom left one, which I think is influced by the thickness of the yarn used to weave the fabric.
Any information about stretch? There are definitely fabrics which stretch more than others.

The current lot of denim are from Arvind Mills.
Made of 100% cotton which includes some % of organic cotton as well.

Weight: between 11 and 13.5 oz. Will add individual weight and possibly warp-weft info with individual fabric images

In what parameter do I give you the stretch?

None of them are actually rough textured. The bottom one is the lightest and the one above it is the softest. The one on the top right has small white dots and feels very good too. We are making a sample in it which should be ready the coming week.

Overall, these are excellent everyday denim, custom made at $79.99

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads