Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Agree, but I want to make sure that other people know that this could happen. They're just unrealiable.
    I ordered one test shirt a month ago to dial in the fit and I was pretty happy with that one, that's why I ordered 3 this time. And these 3 are screwed up and unwearable (not for the office at least, where i'd have to wear a tie and the collar is too tight).
    I'm going back to ProperCloth I think... I'm not a big fan of their fused stiff collars but at least they stick to the measurements you send them...

2. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

3. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

Ouch, I thought about sending in my previous shirts after I've gotten the fit right. But $20/shirt, at this price point, is not very worth it. Still, I think their policy is rather fair and they already offer good products at reasonable prices.
    This is just the nature of online MTM atm, you need to think for yourself understanding what you're getting into. If you don't already have the knowledge and understanding then that's what the forum is for.
    Btw, found this on the website:
    http://custom.luxire.com/products/luxire-fit-test-trial-shirt
    I didn't see this mentioned in the thread, or I maybe I missed it. Have anyone used their trial shirt option?

4. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I have found PC to also vary a little in measurements, tending towards the larger size. I really haven't found the same thing with luxire, although statistically these things will always happen.

Have you tried taking a picture of both the old shirt and the new ones with a tape measure around their laid flat collars to show the sizes are clearly different?

5. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

I did and the reply I got was that I'd still have to pay fr the shipping, althoguh from the pics you can clearly see the mistake!

6. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Do you want to post those for people to see? Also with .5" you can use a collar extender.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  7. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

I am not surprised to hear that your 1st shirt was fine but the subsequent 3 were not. I provided Luxire with a set of measurements for a pair of pants, but when I received the pants, I discovered, in a total amusement, that they did not follow my measurements. Just like that.

8. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

yep attached

9. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

From the looks of them you can bring it to a local tailor and have the button positions moved.

10. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

Weel, that was a looong and enjoyable read.

Came to find this thread because i was looking for measurements for Kamakura OCBD's

Very interested in putting in an order with Luxire.

A few of questions that might be a bit blurry (apologies if so) because of slight information overload from the thread.

1 - The all important issue of the OCBD collar.

I assume Coller Point size can be specified ...
    There seems to be various options, with differing names - at at this moment it isnt clear which to refer to.
    A little clarity, with named examples would be fantastic.

personally i like this regarding size and roll, though i am not sure of the brand

[​IMG]

2. Darting

A number of pages back, darting was mentioned. Discussion (from what i can recall) began with suggestions like "why get darting when it is MTM" --- and i believe Luxire suggested that to get a more shaped back darting was necessary. This i believe was also reinforced by the (many great) fits that (in my opinion) would be improved by removing a little of the excess fabric through darting the back.

A question i have regarding this is how does requesting darting effect the measurements needed to be given at all?

3. Cuffs

I am not sure exactly how to specify the size of the cuffs in terms of "vertical" as opposed to "horizontal" are these the correct terms?
    fort example i would consider the below image to be specifying "horizontal" ... is this correct or would this by "width" - with "vertical" being "height"?

"horizontal"?
    [​IMG]

4. Arm taper

How does one specify the amount of taper in the arm? How about specifying an "width at elbow" combined with a with a "distance from cuff"?
    EG. ELBOW = 5" @ 10" from cuff ?

Any other suggestions? for this

5. Is there a consensus on wether OCBD's Collars and Cuffs come unlined or not? How does the discussion / advantages go?

.... Personally i am very much looking forward to putting a test order in for a OCBD, especially as i tend to wear OCBDs most days
    and to find an affordable "perfect fit" option would be wonderful.

I am currently having some alterations made to a shirt currently, and once i am satisfied with that i will use those measurements.

This thread has made me feel very confident about the process, and look forward to more or your examples of unstructured sports coat. Would be very interested in a MTM flannel w/ matching pants when Autumn comes.

Finally : Any chance of a Wartime Black Oxford?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  11. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Received my first trouser order a few days ago. All measurements are exact, but the maker didn't use the lining material I requested. If this option with full custom orders is offered, it should be followed, too. I'll see how they handle my second pair.

12. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

^How's the fit? Fit pics if possible pls; also any chance of a review on keikari (English)?

13. Spruce

Spruce Member

Alright I ordered a Harrington jacket. They said it should be ready in 3-4 weeks. She said it could be here sooner but that's all she would promise. But 3-4 weeks still seems very fast to me.

14. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I put in an order for the Classic Blue Oxford and a Tuxedo Shirt. It was great working with Theresa to nail down every detail.

The Classic Blue Oxford will hopefully be my perfect shirt to wear untucked with jeans. I went with side pleats since I can't stand box pleats; I think they just look terrible on me. If it goes well I'll be ordering many more OCBDs. I sent her pics of how I'd like the collar to roll unbuttoned. 3.25" collar points, unfused, unlined. One-button barrel cuffs and a chest pocket.

The Tuxedo Shirt is to replace a terrible shirt I had for my military uniforms that no longer fit. It'll be made from the Lustrous Fine White cloth with a pleated front, spread/pointed collar (whatever is the standard non-wingtip for black tie, not sure of the name), French cuffs, removable placket with buttonholes for studs. Luxire is able to customize the quantity and width of pleats. I need it for a military ball I'm going to in May. Fantastic value at $120 for an MTM formal shirt.

15. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Even if you had to pay $50 to send EVERY shirt back, EVERY time, you're still below what you would pay with any non-internet shirtmaker for the level of quality Luxire offer. And I know of no other online service that offer what they do. Mistakes happen, and it's annoying, but seems they're doing their best to handle things gracefully and fairly.