Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

I did send my measurements right, it was their mistake completely in my case!

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

just measured a shirt i liked, then adjusted the measurements. will be placing another shirt order and hopefully after that will have the fit dialed in. that shirt is at the tailor right now having the sleeves slimmed a little.

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Grey Wool Flannel

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

It's an online bespoke shop. Their website states clearly that if it is wrong, it's still your responsibility to pay shipping. Nothing more to say there, it's the risk you take. I won't be going anywhere else for shirts in the foreseeable future. They're working on pants as well and when that's right, then they will be my vendor for posts as well. It's better to settle this with them than whine on the forum. The lesson I learned the hard way. . You just end up on the low road.

5. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Pants.

On my cell, sorry.

Another thing.. If it's their fault and you pay shipping, sure that's a pain. But remember they will redo a shirt that's not their fault at the same cost. That's pretty cool.

I've sent Theresa some pushy emails and she always makes me feel small by replying with top notch customer service responses.

6. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Well to me this just means not taking responsibility for their mistake.

7. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

They're remaking it for you, right? Not telling you to go somewhere else or pay for a new shirt? Better than Indochino from what I've heard.

Do this.. Order a new shirt with the right measurements.. Or with the fixes (+1in, -.5in, etc). If it's wrong, order a new one with more fixes. When it's finally right, ship the bad ones back for $20 total.

I have a shirt that's unwearable (my bad measurements) and I'm waiting on my next order to come in, which has a pair of pants. If they're wrong, I'll order a new pair. Once it's right, the shirt and pants are going back together.

8. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Thats not accurate either though. Trust me, if they have to redo a shirt it is costing them time, money and opportunity cost. They want to avoid it just as much as we do. I agree with Jester about a certain amount risk one has to accept in the process. That being said, if there are consistent issues, theyneed to be discussed. There could be QC problem afoot...that's not good for anybody.

9. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Some of my mop buttons are more iridescent than others, small or large. I think that's just the way it is w/ a natural material.

This is key.

They stated their policy clearly. You bought a shirt, thus agreeing to their policy. You're making the mistake of not upholding your end of the bargain.

Chan and other well-regarded companies have the same policy. I had to send back a sport coat recently that had three mistakes. Someone else recently wrote on SF that they made him a pair of pants w/ the pleats going one way on one side and the other on the other side. He had to ship it back to them at his own expense.

No matter who's at fault, the customer pays for shipping the garment back to them. They cover the cost of the alterations and return shipping. It does suck when the mistake is not one's own. But that's the agreement one made. If you want a company to pay for shipping both ways, they'll have to increase the cost of all garments. There are always tradeoffs in life.

10. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Theresa agreed, the small buttons were off at my shirt.
    Not only they had a different color but also shape compared to the ones on the placket.
    The replacement buttons that came with my second shirt were fine.

Am curious what my two shirt remakes will come with as I did not like the new buttons that were attached to my second order.
    I am against thick buttons, they are a pain to button up, you can see them through sweaters and their looks are against the simplicity I am going for.

11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I think you should PM them. They have never been anything but helpful to me.

Also have you washed the fabrics? Some shrink more then others and are adjusted for. There is also just a general margin of error in tailoring. 1/4" on each side, if I recall correctly for most places that have spoken to me.

12. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Well technically they're telling me to pay for a new shirt: the $50+ to ship the stuff back to india (i don't know where you got the $20 number, even with USPS that's what it costs to ship to India 3 shirts) is the price of a new shirt so...

13. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Even without washing the collar is about 1/2 inch too small, I don't think it will get better with time...

14. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

in the end, like emptym said in his post, the policy is stated on their website. if you're willing to buy from them, then it means you're agreeing to their policy.

15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

You should have ordered one at a time until you knew the template was right.

And their website says $20. I now see it says $20 per shirt. That's a bummer but it was stated.