Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

2. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Which material is this?

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

4. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Yeah, I've had some trouble with getting them to match the chest and waist measurements I've stipulated. They've been off by 1/2 to 3/4 inch (in both directions) in a couple of cases and I can't get a good explanation as to why. They corrected the first shirt I ordered which had this issue but I wasn't up for sending the second one back as I can still wear it as long as I don't gain a lot of weight. I've not had any issues with getting them to match the specified collar size though. Although, my next shirt (soon) will see a 1/4 inch added to the collar so I can wear ties with it. I don't wear ties with button downs generally.

5. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Is that the white, red/black checks material? If so, that's the material I'm likely to order next. What is the material like? Do you like it?

6. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

So you paid to send it back despite their mistake? Their customer service is really terrible...

7. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

So you just sent it back at your expense? I'm not willing to pay over $50 for a mistake they made...
    Thi is really terrible customer service and quality control!

8. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

Really admire a newbie's ability to abuse a business publicly with nothing to lose and when we will never know if there is any amount of truth in what is being said.

9. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.

10. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  11. Teger

Teger Senior member

just spoke with luxire and the pant issue is my fault (i'm a moron), but they're nicely going to remake anyway. will be placing another shirt order soon as well.

12. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

I have a few clothes made by them and have had a few exchanges with customer service. From my experience and what I read on the forum, the abuse is misdirected.

Proof is right below. If I am not wrong, he had earlier said that his pant was 7" smaller in the waist, but he is being a gentleman in admitting his mistake. The earlier comment may have scared some to-be customers due to no fault of the business. That is where it is wrong.

You can be sure that the newbie will not come and admit he was wrong. He would rather create a new login and behave nothing happened.

13. cyclonus

cyclonus Member

May i ask if you did anything special to get the fit right, as i am in the same crew when it comes to large, sloping shoulder/prominent traps and a large neck size.

14. althanis

althanis Senior member

You don't say!

15. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

[​IMG] WhIch trouser fabric would that be?