• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Beatlegeuse. You're certain that shirt at the left is the Sky Blue Cool Linen Cotton and not the regular Sky Blue Linen Cotton? I ask because I was interested in the cool linen cotton version because it seems more like a traditional sky blue than a vivid or over-dyed blue. If your post is indeed accurate, I probably need to find a different fabric. Thanks!  

Yes I'm certain, it was more saturated than I had expected. Some other guys have had good success with bleaching it, which I am going to try as well. I've also ordered the pale blue linen-cotton which is in its way to me right now, so I'm hoping that one looks more like a standard pale blue.

beowolf

Reaction score
I just received my first Lustrous Fine White shirt with Italian Collar. I really like it and it was shipped very fast. Very impressed. My measurements are a bit tight in the chest but that is my fault, but it still works fine.

I will definitely order again.

ellsbebc

Reaction score
Hi Beatlegeuse. You're certain that shirt at the left is the Sky Blue Cool Linen Cotton and not the regular Sky Blue Linen Cotton? I ask because I was interested in the cool linen cotton version because it seems more like a traditional sky blue than a vivid or over-dyed blue. If your post is indeed accurate, I probably need to find a different fabric. Thanks!

Yes I'm certain, it was more saturated than I had expected. Some other guys have had good success with bleaching it, which I am going to try as well. I've also ordered the pale blue linen-cotton which is in its way to me right now, so I'm hoping that one looks more like a standard pale blue.

I have the sky blue cool linen cotton also. It is definitely a saturated color. One of my next shirts, following Beatle's footsteps, is the pale blue linen-cotton. Pictures appear this is a true pale blue that is not too saturated.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire im not sure if this will be a part of the 2.0 version of the website (is this still being worked on?), but are you planning on creating a jacketing section of the website? Sort of like how you flip through swatch books, there is typically a book (or books) for suiting, and then additional books for fabrics that are more specific to odd jackets and trousers.

I've bought so many pants from Luxire so now I'd like to start focusing on getting more jackets (with lots of lightweight options! like linen, fresco, lightweight hopsack), but it would be really helpful if there was a section specifically for jackets, instead of combing through all the trouser fabrics to try and figure out which ones might look good as jackets.

Last edited:

andrel42

Reaction score
Just got my 3rd order in today (8 weeks ...) for a Vitale Barberis Canonico Summer Wool Mohair Grey Blue pair of pants and I am thrilled as always! Will post more pictures in person are properly ironed :)

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those VBC pants are looking great. Love the Slate blue Hopsacks above and am interested to hear how you like the mohair fabric @andrel42 My 110's are at the tailors. The waist came in a bit smaller than my last pair so had to have them let out.
So far I have received the Sapphire blue flannel and the Indigo birdseye 110's. Love both fabrics.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire im not sure if this will be a part of the 2.0 version of the website (is this still being worked on?), but are you planning on creating a jacketing section of the website? Sort of like how you flip through swatch books, there is typically a book (or books) for suiting, and then additional books for fabrics that are more specific to odd jackets and trousers.

I've bought so many pants from Luxire so now I'd like to start focusing on getting more jackets (with lots of lightweight options! like linen, fresco, lightweight hopsack), but it would be really helpful if there was a section specifically for jackets, instead of combing through all the trouser fabrics to try and figure out which ones might look good as jackets.

After a few failed attempts, we have restarted work on the 2.0 website with a new team.

This time, having learnt from previous failures, we are taking a new approach. Are hopeful of doing better.

Ordering suits, jackets, shoes, bags will all be online, no emails needed. Order status tracking will be "realtime", all order data will be stored, accessible, reusable and editable by the customer, context sensitive help at every thought and control mechanisms for orderly flow of orders and to avoid delays. Easier to order swatches and many other refinements that we thought were needed.

Inviting all to share your wishlist as well.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As I'm sure came up before, the ability to clearly see and sort through fabrics (e.g., Proper Cloth) is paramount.

Yes, elaborate mechanism to search for fabrics, similar to the way we can find sneakers on amazon.com. Multiple parameters for drilling down to the exact fabric.

andrel42

Reaction score
Those VBC pants are looking great. Love the Slate blue Hopsacks above and am interested to hear how you like the mohair fabric @andrel42 My 110's are at the tailors. The waist came in a bit smaller than my last pair so had to have them let out.
So far I have received the Sapphire blue flannel and the Indigo birdseye 110's. Love both fabrics.

@Don L
Loving the nice texture, rather soft and a nice light wool for the summer ! I still need to tweak my measurements slightly but I am looking forward to the first wear.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my 3rd order in today (8 weeks ...) for a Vitale Barberis Canonico Summer Wool Mohair Grey Blue pair of pants and I am thrilled as always! Will post more pictures in person are properly ironed :)
These look great, now I'm wishing I ordered them as well.
After a few failed attempts, we have restarted work on the 2.0 website with a new team. This time, having learnt from previous failures, we are taking a new approach. Are hopeful of doing better. Ordering suits, jackets, shoes, bags will all be online, no emails needed. Order status tracking will be "realtime", all order data will be stored, accessible, reusable and editable by the customer, context sensitive help at every thought and control mechanisms for orderly flow of orders and to avoid delays. Easier to order swatches and many other refinements that we thought were needed. Inviting all to share your wishlist as well.
Very nice, I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. For me, I like the idea of having separate sections of the website for suits, pants, and jackets, with different fabric selections in each section. Although, I realize this can get tricky because I'm sure there are some fabrics that may be well suited for all three sections, i.e. it would be appropriate for some fabrics to be ordered as a suit, odd trouser, or odd jacket. But, there are some fabrics that are designed to be suits, some specifically for trousers, and others specifically for jackets. So instead of browsing through thousands of fabrics, it would be nice to look through a section of fabrics specifically for jacketing, similar to a swatch book that I mentioned earlier.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score
My vote for the new site (which is one that myself and others have put forward) would be to have a wish-list function, allowing us to keep a list of fabrics that interested us for some future purchase, so we wouldn't have to search the site for them.

Of course, as long as the ability to search for fabrics by any number of parameters (which would require tagging each with many different attributes) would make this easier.

Also, the ability to keep the sort function (eg. by price) when filtering the list of results would also be helpful. Currently you can sort by price, but as soon as you search by category, the sort filter is lost.

Finally, some more scale consistency in the fabric photos would be helpful - it's good having the ones that have the coin in the photo, but if every photo was taken with the same coin at the same distance, as well as perhaps a ruler measurement, that would help a great deal.

Thanks!

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads