Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Luxire, any plans for stocking linen/cotton blend shirting? Solid white and sky blue would be ideal for Spring/Summer.

2. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Edit: just noticed bourbonbasted asked the same question as me about linen/cotton blend fabrics above. Would be very interested in these.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Will make some available over the next couple of weeks.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

+1, would definitely like this.

5. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

+1 on the color choices. I'd say solid white, sky blue, pale blue, and maybe another few shades of blue and/or blue/white stripes would be perfect.

6. 1969

1969 Senior member

In addition to cotton-linen I'd like to know what current or future fabrics would be closest to batiste/zephyr. Also, regardless of fabric I'd always vote for more solid whites, off-whites and light blues as well.

7. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

You generally give pretty good advice, L, but the way you keep advocating slimming sleeves that already look too trim, makes me wonder if you wear shirts. Imo, if I can reach up and bend my elbow quickly -- say to scratch my head -- and the shirt tugs at my elbow, the sleeve is too tight. This is both irritating and an indication that the elbows will tear relatively quickly due to the constant straining.

Imo, if you want the sleeves of that shirt to look ripple/wrinkle free you'll mainly need to decrease the length of the sleeve. But that would mean your sleeves will ride up when you raise your arms.

In the end, I guess it all depends on your goals. If you almost never wear a suit/sport coat and your main goal for a shirt is to look like a GQ model when standing straight, then slimming and shortening sleeves might be a good idea. Don't forget though, that the garments in many GQ shoots have been pinned back. Plus, the models don't really need to live in those garments. To achieve that look, you'll make a trade-off in mobility and durability.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Y'all need to listen to emptym. :nodding:

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Never had a problem with any of my shirts tugging to my elbows when moving around.
    Still agree with you though, it's always better to be slightly on the wide side than to restrict ones movement.

Actually, I just tested one none Luxire shirt of mine, which I sent a copy of to Luxire along my shirts of them, and when scratching the back of my head the fabric in the lower arm is just about perfectly stretched out without cutting into my arm.
    Instead of having them taper the sleeves of the Luxire shirts more dramatically than on said shirt, I will just ask them to copy them one to one from the elbow down.
    Thanks a lot for the hint emptym :)

10. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

Like some of the people in this thread, I've only started to work on my wardrobe recently. I mostly wore RTW clothing before. The fit was always too big since I am slim guy. So this probably makes me a bit too excited when doing MTM. Your point is very valid and I'll keep that in mind. I found and looked at your pictures posted in this thread. I think the sleeves on your shirts have some extra room but still looks tapered down to the cuffs. So I think tapering the sleeves slightly as L suggested will do some good, but I'll keep the sleeves width as was.

11. cyclonus

cyclonus Member

Any news on hopefully coming Pique-Polos?

12. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We should be able to order by mid-April

13. Spruce

Spruce Member

Well tomorrow I think I'm gonna be ordering a Baracuta type jacket. I'll keep everybody updated on my experience.

14. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

How will the sizing for the polos work? Obviously they will stretch and shirt measurements will be very oversized; send in a polo?

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

got my two pieces - a shirt and a pair of pants. shirt is great, very close to being perfect, with an EXCELLENT collar roll. only thing I need to change for the next order is to slim down the sleeves a little, and take the chest in a tad. unfortunately the pants I ordered are a mess.. like 7" smaller in the waist than I had entered.

a picture:

[​IMG]

might not look that great, but I'm an extremely hard shirt fit, especially OTR. I have wide sloping shoulders and a large neck for my waist/chest size.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013