1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

I have been thinking the same thing for ordering one of the blue linens.

I think I'm going to go for a semi-spread hidden button down with long-ish points. I haven't seen Luxire post an example of a hidden button down, yet, but I have no doubt it can be done.

I don't like the "disco collar" look than can result from wearing a non-button down collar without a tie. And I think wide spread collars, while looking great when done up with a tie, become a bit too spread-eagled when undone sometimes (the points end up sitting horizontally). Both of these issues would probably be exacerbated by linen.

It also allows you to get a reasonably soft/unfused collar that still stands up nicely instead of flopping about.

Here is an example of an Epaulet hidden button down when done up, unfortunately I can't find one of it undone. It's not something I would wear with a tie, but without a tie I think it will look good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. joewmoss

joewmoss Well-Known Member

I had them do hidden collar buttons on of my orders which you can see on their website under recent shirts. It is the navy stripe with white contrast collar.

3. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

One piece collars for casual linen; can't get photos at the moment but pretty sure a quick google will provide images,

4. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

The last time I ordered a couple months ago, I think the monograms were free and machine made, but now it looks like they're hand-made and cost an extra $20?

5. joewmoss

Wow, you're right. When did that change? I just ordered shirts at the beginning of this month and that wasn't the case. $20 is way too much Luxire. You're going to lose that business charging so much. Admittedly, I was surprised that it was free before, but that price point is too high. I won't get the monogram anymore unless it's a very special shirt. You need to re-think that price point ASAP.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  6. timotune

timotune Well-Known Member

$20 for hand-stitched is actually pretty cheap.

7. joewmoss

So if you buy a $99 shirt, a 20%+ increase in cost for a monogram is cheap??? Hmmm, afraid Ii don't agree.

8. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

How about if you buy a shirt at $1 with a 2,000% increase in monogram! You need to look at the whole package; you get a high quality shirt, with perfect measurements and several handmade details, including a monogram a person has done herself/himself, which is quite time-consuming, for $120. An equal shirt in a store would possibly cost upwards to $200-300 with monograming.

1 person likes this.
  9. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Well-Known Member

I think options like monogram should automatically be calculated into the price. That way, if the person wants it, there's no extra charge to him so he would be more grateful. If the person don't want it, then Luxire makes a few more bucks. I doubt many would be swayed from buying if the price was a bit higher

10. luxire

luxire Well-Known Member

Monograms have always been free like any of your requests.

We were getting the monograms done outside. That was not working out very well so we bought a machine. But there are quality issues with it.

Hence, we have kept this handmade option now for anyone who would really want it.

In the 'not-so-distant' future, we will probably buy another good machine for quality lettering. Once we do that, the days of free monograms will be back again.

We would really like our service to be "all-inclusive". This is an escapist workaround to a problem we have not been able to solve so far. I hope it will be understood.

2 people like this.
  11. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

It's a luxury. Before I'd get it because it was free. Now I'll get one on the occasional special shirt. I actually prefer it this way.

1 person likes this.
  12. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I don't have a problem with $20 for a hand-made monogram, but I didn't necessarily care for a hand-made one and was happy to have a free machine-made one.

I also remembered that you said you got complaints about not-so-neat hand-made monograms and were switching back to the machine-made ones.

I'm looking forward to the no-cost (to me) machine-made ones again whenever they become available.

13. burghler

burghler Well-Known Member

Definitely interested to hear about (and hopefully see) this. I've been searching for somewhere to have a trench coat made for awhile now.

14. Displacement

Displacement Well-Known Member

Garsag- I'd consider a one-piece collar like this on a casual linen shirt. Matter of fact, I might have to spec one for myself.

15. Rankiz

Rankiz Well-Known Member

Did you read my post over yours before you posted this question? :)

16. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Given that Luxire will accommodate nearly all requests for different collar styles, etc. and these are built into the pricing for no upcharge, I hardly think a $20 upcharge for a hand sewn monogram is an issue.

Does the monogram change the shirt at all? No it doesn't. Most monograms are tasteless anyway. Why would I want my initials on my cuff or breast pocket? Will I mistake my shirt for someone else's shirt? Do people not know my initials, but thanks to having them sewn on my cuff, they will?

If that's what you want, you should have to pay for it. Why should other Luxire customers subsidize your desires to have your initials on your shirt?

4 people like this.
  17. tdude

tdude Well-Known Member

+1000

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

So...people who don't want monograms should pay extra for nothing so that people who like monograms don't have to pay a little extra?

Makes sense :plain:

4 people like this.
  19. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

are there any fit pics of some pants. I have yet to see them

20. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

Is the quality on the machine made ones really that bad?

I like monograms, I got them on my left sleeve placket and they are hidden most of the time, but I see it every time I button my shirts and it makes me happy to put on my shirt.
    That's obviously esotheric and I wouldnt have a problem paying extra for that feature, but I dont need hand sewn.