Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

It's just that I seldom wear suits, I do have an navy blazer/SC (not 100% sure of terminology) that I wear more often than my suits, but for that reason I would like to have a good quality white FC shirt for more formal events.

I haven't yet found a shirt of decent quality that fits me well OTR in local stores in Norway. I know, selection isn't great and prices are high. A good quality dress shirt RTW (imo) in retail is about 200$. I've found nice white shirts at STF, especially from Borrelli, but it would require an extensive amount of tailoring after purchase, as the fit really is off.

itraxx: I'm in the process myself of altering the measurements from the first shirt so I'm not adept at this adjusting. Anyhow, I would reduce yoke somewhat, reduce bicep/sleeve width. The back part of the waist looks a bit bulky and you could specifically ask for a reduction there, but not easy to tell. I would probably increase chest a bit, as it seems to be a bit tight, but that's a matter of preference as well I guess.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  2. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Xtra the lust. fine white does tend to wrinkle, but that isn't a problem if you are only wearing it occasionally. Especially if you have it professionally cleaned and pressed. Higher count threads almost always wrinkle more, but make a more formal shirt. That trade off is up to you.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

is anyone else having really long ordering times? placed an order for a pair of pants and a shirt about a month ago

4. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Same here. Not that a month is crazy or anything. I'm waiting for a couple of shirts and a custom pair of jeans, especially curious about the latter.

5. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Has anyone here had a shirt made in either the white panama weave or the white linen?

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I placed an order Feb 10, it shipped Feb 26. Got to me March 6th.

It came out very nicely. I had sent a shirt in to be duplicated and they nailed it. Worksmanship is good as well, no flaws that I've found. Got the Blue Pink Tattersall Oxford, and it's a nice fabric.

Luxire: if I sent in a shirt, are the measurements stored somewhere? Could I just order another one and say "Use measurements from previous order?"

7. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Because I haven't tried their $600 shirts and the rest of their fabric IMHO just doesn't look appropriate, or nice enough, for dress shirts. Well, it is quite possible that it is appropriate and nice - I simply don't know and have no desire to find that out: I am pretty happy ordering casual shirts from them and getting my dress shirts elsewhere.

8. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

I had somewhat the same thought. The casual offerings far outnumber the fabrics worthy of dress shirts. The quality of construction is worthy of very good dress shirts. I would like to see more true dress shirt fabrics in the $100 range.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

Yes, just tell them the order numnber.

10. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Interesting from a business perspective. What about their Alumo fabrics? Want to PM me more to discuss?

11. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

My order was on Feb 17 and was shipped 2 days ago. Not quite a month but I guess I have too much expectation for how quick the orders are fulfilled based on my first 2 shirts.
    Eagerly await for it to arrive though!

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Awesome. Thanks.

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Post a picture of that baby! I ordered the same on the 27th. Awaiting anxiously.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Took about a month to get the first shirt, which my measurements were off. I had Teresa suggest some changes to the next order. It'll probably be here in April.

If I had a tip to give, I'd say once you get the measurements down, order in bulk.

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I know this is very general, but could someone recommend 7 shirts that one should purchase to start a rather CBD shirt wardrobe, other than white.