Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

It's just that I seldom wear suits, I do have an navy blazer/SC (not 100% sure of terminology) that I wear more often than my suits, but for that reason I would like to have a good quality white FC shirt for more formal events.

I haven't yet found a shirt of decent quality that fits me well OTR in local stores in Norway. I know, selection isn't great and prices are high. A good quality dress shirt RTW (imo) in retail is about 200$. I've found nice white shirts at STF, especially from Borrelli, but it would require an extensive amount of tailoring after purchase, as the fit really is off.

itraxx: I'm in the process myself of altering the measurements from the first shirt so I'm not adept at this adjusting. Anyhow, I would reduce yoke somewhat, reduce bicep/sleeve width. The back part of the waist looks a bit bulky and you could specifically ask for a reduction there, but not easy to tell. I would probably increase chest a bit, as it seems to be a bit tight, but that's a matter of preference as well I guess.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

2. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Xtra the lust. fine white does tend to wrinkle, but that isn't a problem if you are only wearing it occasionally. Especially if you have it professionally cleaned and pressed. Higher count threads almost always wrinkle more, but make a more formal shirt. That trade off is up to you.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

is anyone else having really long ordering times? placed an order for a pair of pants and a shirt about a month ago

4. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

Same here. Not that a month is crazy or anything. I'm waiting for a couple of shirts and a custom pair of jeans, especially curious about the latter.

5. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Has anyone here had a shirt made in either the white panama weave or the white linen?

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I placed an order Feb 10, it shipped Feb 26. Got to me March 6th.

It came out very nicely. I had sent a shirt in to be duplicated and they nailed it. Worksmanship is good as well, no flaws that I've found. Got the Blue Pink Tattersall Oxford, and it's a nice fabric.

Luxire: if I sent in a shirt, are the measurements stored somewhere? Could I just order another one and say "Use measurements from previous order?"

7. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Because I haven't tried their $600 shirts and the rest of their fabric IMHO just doesn't look appropriate, or nice enough, for dress shirts. Well, it is quite possible that it is appropriate and nice - I simply don't know and have no desire to find that out: I am pretty happy ordering casual shirts from them and getting my dress shirts elsewhere.

8. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

I had somewhat the same thought. The casual offerings far outnumber the fabrics worthy of dress shirts. The quality of construction is worthy of very good dress shirts. I would like to see more true dress shirt fabrics in the $100 range.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

Yes, just tell them the order numnber.

10. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Interesting from a business perspective. What about their Alumo fabrics? Want to PM me more to discuss?

11. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

My order was on Feb 17 and was shipped 2 days ago. Not quite a month but I guess I have too much expectation for how quick the orders are fulfilled based on my first 2 shirts.
    Eagerly await for it to arrive though!

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Awesome. Thanks.

13. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Post a picture of that baby! I ordered the same on the 27th. Awaiting anxiously.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Took about a month to get the first shirt, which my measurements were off. I had Teresa suggest some changes to the next order. It'll probably be here in April.

If I had a tip to give, I'd say once you get the measurements down, order in bulk.

15. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I know this is very general, but could someone recommend 7 shirts that one should purchase to start a rather CBD shirt wardrobe, other than white.