Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

thanks for that info. I'm waiting on a lustrous fine white shirt but depending on my experience with that, now I know another option to get

2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Only have a single swatch of the Royal Oxfords, but what Matt explains for them is true for the Classic Oxfords as well.
    They are a heavy and very robust fabric which is very wrinkle resistent.
    They come out of the machine free of wrinkles and after a whole day of wear you only face little wrinkling in the crook of the arms and maybe around the belt line where you tucked it into the pants.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

One of the beautiful things about an oxford fabric.

4. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Do you have, or are you planning to have, any linen shirtings for summer?

5. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

6. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

:facepalm: Missed that, thanks.

Would be nice if there was a nice solid light blue in linen or linen cotton though--seems like most of these are patterns or trouser materials. Already looking forward to summer!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Which material is that? Is that the classic Blue White...linen, or the Navy White?

8. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Yeah, it really makes me wish I hadn't spent so much money on clothes that cost almost as much as Luxire custom shirt/pants. Particularly slacks/trousers.

9. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I've gotten one shirt made in the classic oxford and I'm getting one in sky blue soon and I'm quite happy with the shirts but I want to get a more formal dress shirt.

In that respect, isn't oxford cloth more casual by nature compared to other more typical dress shirt cloths?

I would like to get one FC white shirt to use in more formal occasions, but if the lustrous fine white wrinkles a lot it might not be that good. But at the same time an oxford shirt with FC will probably also be "wrong"?

I seldom wear a suit and would like one good FC white dress shirt and one blue (thinking pale blue end-on-end) dress shirt button cuff to wear with suits.

10. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Oxford cloth is indeed typically considered less formal. It's usually worn with an odd jacket rather than a suit.

And yes, oxford with FC is wrong. Oxford cloth should really exclusively be made into buttondowns.

11. althanis

althanis Senior member

This is also my understanding of how oxford is used.

12. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

I agree with the above, but (to OP) don't confuse oxford cloth with royal oxford cloth. While they both have similar construction, royal oxford cloth is generally accepted as being dressier than oxford cloth, and can be worn in more formal settings. Not sure if I would do FC with a royal oxford shirt, but I think it looks fine in a BC dress shirt.

13. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

This is likely traditionally agreed upon, but far from absolute. I've seen a number of unfused/unlined cutaway collars with oxford fabric and they've looked quite nice (in a casual setting). Royal is also dressier.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Meh, if I'm not wearing a tie, I want my shirts to be buttondown, so that still doesn't work IMO, especially with a cutaway collar.

Royal oxford is indeed a bit dressier and could likely be done as a dress shirt with a non-BD collar.

15. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Received my first shirt from Luxire recently - sky blue oxford. Great quality shirt!

Could anyone give me some feedback for future adjustments based upon the pictures below? Please note that I input the sleeve measurements incorrectly which is why they are so big - I will be having this corrected by a local tailor and never making the mistake again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos. If it's any help, my usual measurements are 40" chest and 31" waist.

Thanks