• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread

jobro

Reaction score
Any chance we could get a picture of the cafe racer in whiskey calf?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance we could get a picture of the cafe racer in whiskey calf?

Do not have pictures sadly as have not had a chance to make one so far.

Will see if we can create one digitally to share.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bomber jacket in suede. Another of our custom leather projects. It jut starts with: "Can you make something like this? " We got the leather made, got matching ribs knitted sourced the zippers and got this made.
Result has been satisfying.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I finally forced myself to go outside in the 90° weather and take some photos of my canvas fit jacket. I'm glad I ponied up the extra money, because there are definitely some tweaks I'd make. Ashish said they'd make another canvas fit jacket once they have my adjustments.

The main issue - which is more so something I can feel and not super-visible in the pictures - is that I've got a definite collar gap in the back, but the chest is tight when the jacket is fully zipped.

Other stuff includes:

- Shoulders could probably come in 1/2 - 3/4"
- Body length could increase a little, maybe another 1/2 - 3/4"
- Sleeves could come in along the entire length (biceps are a little baggy, sleeve opening is a little loose)
- Armholes could go up maybe 1/2"
- Hem could come in a full inch, maybe slightly more. There's a pretty hourglass effect going on that shouldn't go away entirely, but that I'd like to minimize.
- The midsection is still a little loose, but I'm not sure how much more I can go in without maintaining the exaggerated hourglass shape.

I'm open to any other suggestions or critiques. This is basically a stock 39 with the body slimmed down a little.

edit: I just figured something else out - the lower half of the back is kind of shapeless right now. I think ihe fit could be improved by taking in the vertical center seam along the back from the hem up to maybe 8 or 9" rather than trying to slim the midsection any further at the side seams (I think it would still need to come in a little at the hem to deal with the hourglass shape, though).

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally forced myself to go outside in the 90° weather and take some photos of my canvas fit jacket. I'm glad I ponied up the extra money, because there are definitely some tweaks I'd make. Ashish said they'd make another canvas fit jacket once they have my adjustments.

The main issue - which is more so something I can feel and not super-visible in the pictures - is that I've got a definite collar gap in the back, but the chest is tight when the jacket is fully zipped.

Other stuff includes:

- Sleeves could come in along the entire length (biceps are a little baggy, sleeve opening is a little loose)
- Hem could come in a full inch, maybe slightly more. There's a pretty hourglass effect going on that shouldn't go away entirely, but that I'd like to minimize.
- The midsection is still a little loose, but I'm not sure how much more I can go in without maintaining the exaggerated hourglass shape.

I'm open to any other suggestions or critiques. This is basically a stock 39 with the body slimmed down a little.

Yeah, the body could definitely be a bit longer, and the body taken in, more at the very bottom than at the natural waist.

I would really recommend using the same terms as luxire uses on the site, which are a bit different from what other online makers often use.

That said, this looks awesome:

Makes me want to get a cream leather, though irl, that color does nothing good for my complexion.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@notwithit my thoughts based on your notes: body length 1/2 or 3/4 longer, sure. narrower sleeves, totally. the shoulder adjustment thing is not apparent to me. don't touch the midsection; i'd say its looseness is not important based on these pics. w/ the hem, if you make the body longer, you may want a different measurement there. so that makes it tricky.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Other stuff includes:

edit: I just figured something else out - the lower half of the back is kind of shapeless right now. I think the fit could be improved by taking in the vertical center seam along the back from the hem up to maybe 8 or 9" rather than trying to slim the midsection any further at the side seams (I think it would still need to come in a little at the hem to deal with the hourglass shape, though).

Thank you! Minus the stiffness, looks likes a nice product to wear.

Looks like the mid-section needs to go in but also the hip width should be reduced. With leather, you can expect a bit more movement as compared to the canvas.

How is the arm movement?

The front chest looks a bit too wide. Should consider taking it in.
The sleeve cap can be rounded a bit.

Do send us an email with your final thoughts. Will get work started on the next trial.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For Black Friday:

Use Code: BFSECONDSKIN

Standard style jackets: Moto / Rider.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I'd crosspost my Luxire Suede Leather experience. I asked them to replicate this Cafe Racer style jacket in a rust brown suede:
cafe_racer_style.jpg

The trial jacket in navy cotton which is fully wearable as is and immediately became a staple in my wardrobe:

191371b1-f199-4269-bac6-6ebe10b8807c-jpg.132893

baf644f8-fe07-459f-978e-59aff1845e5d-jpg.132894

And the final brown suede leather jacket, exactly what I had in mind, every detail executed to perfection, I cannot wait for this years autumn:

img_20170813_165124-jpg.829692

img_20170813_165146-jpg.829693

img_20170813_165158-jpg.829694

img_20170813_173518-jpg.829695

Pictured are also the cool white linen cotton and the Luxire custom selvedge jeans.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd crosspost my Luxire Suede Leather experience. I asked them to replicate this Cafe Racer style jacket in a rust brown suede:
View attachment 829699

The trial jacket in navy cotton which is fully wearable as is and immediately became a staple in my wardrobe:

191371b1-f199-4269-bac6-6ebe10b8807c-jpg.132893

baf644f8-fe07-459f-978e-59aff1845e5d-jpg.132894

And the final brown suede leather jacket, exactly what I had in mind, every detail executed to perfection, I cannot wait for this years autumn:

img_20170813_165124-jpg.829692

img_20170813_165146-jpg.829693

img_20170813_165158-jpg.829694

img_20170813_173518-jpg.829695

Pictured are also the cool white linen cotton and the Luxire custom selvedge jeans.

That jacket came out really well. They got it right in one go?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That jacket came out really well. They got it right in one go?
They got it right in one go. Within 3 weeks they send me the blue cotton sample jacket with which they send leather swatches to choose from, another 4 weeks later the leather jacket arrived.
On my next order, I might shorten the torso and slim down the armholes slightly, but that's about it.

JIMB

Reaction score
How did these jackets fair 1 year later? Anyone try an A-2 style?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads