• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
im not quite sure if you are actually prepared for what just dropped. if anyone needs to cry it out call me at the store tomorrow and ill help suckle you through it

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not quite sure if you are actually prepared for what just dropped. if anyone needs to cry it out call me at the store tomorrow and ill help suckle you through it
Dare I say that this drop is more epic then last Thanksgiving's?

Henry S

Reaction score
@SpooPoker have you considered ending the auctions a bit earlier? I think 2 hours or so will work.
It will help for EU based customers to bid in the last hours (I keep losing by $1 to last-minute bidders)

Knurt

Reaction score
@SpooPoker have you considered ending the auctions a bit earlier? I think 2 hours or so will work.
It will help for EU based customers to bid in the last hours (I keep losing by $1 to last-minute bidders)

Agree with this. I sometimes leave an early bid to fortune, but you have to be present at the end to be competitive with the most sought after items.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agree with this. I sometimes leave an early bid to fortune, but you have to be present at the end to be competitive with the most sought after items.

I get this a lot, and also spacing out the auctions by some so let me put both in perspective on our end- ending earlier for the small percentage of clients on the EU time zones just doesnt compare to meeting the sweet spot of east and west coast domestic bidders.

For spacing out the auctions, with 500 auctions ending every week, if I put two minutes inbetween each of them... you do the math on how much longer thats going to take. And considering the fact that it takes about 2 hours to invoice everyone once the last one closes and then 3 hours to prepare the shipping for the next day after that.... then getting to the store at 5am the next morning to have the team get them out to you in under 12 hours.... not gonna happen.

TLDR, just bid more and bid early :)

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TLDR, just bid more and bid early :)
Eg7q2zgXsAAXjmv.jpg

I should note, this has always been my approach. I am easily confused my technology and trickery, so I just toss the best number in and then usually forget that I bid until I get a flurry of emails around 7 on sunday

Last edited:

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Sheesh it’s like you want put your feet up on the desk and smoke ceegars all day😜.
Fellas, Spoo and his team are some of the hardest working; dedicated to customer service people I have EVER encountered and yes I live close enough to LuxeSwap to have witnessed it many times.
Peace and All Good

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
theres some serious serious stuff ending tonight gents - I really expect to see lots of you in the winners circle! Good luck!

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After winning numerous times on my dime, the Mrs got out sniped on that Kate Middleton graced Lock & Co Hat, oh yea, not fair, I'm so sad. ;)

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
After winning numerous times on my dime, the Mrs got out sniped on that Kate Middleton graced Lock & Co Hat, oh yea, not fair, I'm so sad. ;)

wait, what? She wore that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads