• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
good luck tonight gents - there is a choc full of great stuff ending this evening and some special pieces from week 48 that the buyers flaked on (RLPL Vicuna anyone?).... treat yo self! :)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not tonight’s attire (will be a miracle if I even bother to button up fully lol), but this thing is just so ******* gnarly. One of my best LS wins.
From a holiday party a few weeks back.
8B272B4D-CAAF-42D7-B95D-2969219C52D8.jpeg

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some insanely badass suits on offer for tomorrow. Zero chance they fit me, but man, so nice they’re still tempting lol

TS2404

Reaction score
Just a quick plug for some of the items that I currently have listed with Spoo.

Document orange 'sliba knit' overshirt - very cool piece, just did not work for me. NWOT - Only tried on indoors and never worn outside. NMWA recently restocked but are out of the size small.

Red Wing Beckman boots. Loved these boots but they were always slightly too small. They are US8 but fit large - I'm US9-US9.5 in most shoes and these probably best for US8.5-US9. They were well looked after and are in great condition

O'Connells shetland sweater - my favourite brand for shetland knits. This one is predominately shades of brown with some greys and other colours mixed in - lovely colours for Autumn.

Two J. Crew shawl collar cardigans - The navy donegal Kilcarra wool cardigan was a favourite - only selling as I recently bought something very similar. The grey donegal cardigan is much lighter-weight.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shameless plug for a StyFo competition asking for votes for your boy here :hide:
Darn, that was a meager list. Hopefully 2022 will have more entries, and that you will be more active in the thrift thread. We all miss uncle Spoo <3

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Darn, that was a meager list. Hopefully 2022 will have more entries, and that you will be more active in the thrift thread. We all miss uncle Spoo <3

Oh Im out there :) but its been too busy to post.... I will try and rectify that :)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick plug for some of the items that I currently have listed with Spoo.

Document orange 'sliba knit' overshirt - very cool piece, just did not work for me. NWOT - Only tried on indoors and never worn outside. NMWA recently restocked but are out of the size small.

Red Wing Beckman boots. Loved these boots but they were always slightly too small. They are US8 but fit large - I'm US9-US9.5 in most shoes and these probably best for US8.5-US9. They were well looked after and are in great condition

O'Connells shetland sweater - my favourite brand for shetland knits. This one is predominately shades of brown with some greys and other colours mixed in - lovely colours for Autumn.

Two J. Crew shawl collar cardigans - The navy donegal Kilcarra wool cardigan was a favourite - only selling as I recently bought something very similar. The grey donegal cardigan is much lighter-weight.

On the Document shirt, is the sleeve length they listed correct or is it closer to what is on NMWA?

TS2404

Reaction score
On the Document shirt, is the sleeve length they listed correct or is it closer to what is on NMWA?

I have no reason to think it would be incorrect. I believe NMWA measure their sleeve length from centre of the rear of the collar whereas Luxeswap is taken from the shoulder seam.

I'm a size 38-40 in shirts/jackets and wear a 34 in sleeve length for shirts and didn't have any issues with sleeve length on this piece. For me, the sleeves hit right around where you hope they would for the oversized shirt-jacket look.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads