• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell yeah @SpooPoker let's do it - tbh I wasn't keeping track so wow I'm surprised it's that much lol.

@bry2000 : M/L tops, S/30 bottoms, 8-9 shoes. IIRC I think I'm smaller than you.
ah cool. will be fun to see what you sent in either way.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Luxe Swap at historic places.

Wearing a Brooks Brothers seersucker suit I got from Luxe Swap in 2017 and waiting for the 8:56am train to San Juan Capistrano.

By an odd coincidence, in 2017 the Van Nuys CA Amtrak/Metrolink depot had its moment in history.

A Metrolink engineer mistook a possum on the tracks for a person on the tracks and tied up the entire railroad, Union Pacific, Amtrak, and Metrolink, for several hours.

All the search turned up was a dead possum and a bag with a chicken with its head cut off in it. No one seems to know if any attempts were made to find the rightful owner of the bag with a chicken with its head cut off in it.

IMG_7049.jpeg

Full Disclosure: When I worked for the Santa Fe Railway no one ever mistook a possum for a person.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know how the RoRo espadrilles fit? TTS, size up if between sizes?

TTS sir.

Good luck to all with live items or bids ending tonight !

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just sent in a navy blue 100% cashmere (with leather trims) Loro Piana Storm System overcoat size 52 to Spoo. There's also a BBGF Grey light wool trench coat in size L for those looking.

Give a shout when this goes live. I’d love to take a look.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Give a shout when this goes live. I’d love to take a look.

Let me finish telling myself I dont need to buy this one personally first, k?
(its ******* perfect)

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh also - guys - if you have a second and maybe a phone reminder....we're in the running for the finals for Long Islands "best of Long Island" consignment shop voting for 2021. Votes are accepted until 8/31 and the top 5 nominees make the finals, where another round of voting starts in the fall for the actual award. If you guys could, any votes would be most appreciated - you can vote once a day in these two links :

Here, under shopping, select "thrift and consignment" and fill out the fields. If you need the info its :
LuxeSwap
21 Berry Hill Rd
Oyster Bay NY
516-226-1055
Contact name is Matthew
email - [email protected]

and here :
long-island-choice
The fields should be pre-filled out on this one but same as above.

You are able to vote once a day until 8/31 to hopefully get us to the finals I would super appreciate it!

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads