• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
1617418617090.gif
1617418617090.gif

baltimoron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the trouble @SpooPoker !

Popping back in here because my quarterly closet cleanup is now live. For reference, I'm 6' tall and normally a US Large.

Begg Wispy Cashmere Scarf
1617460201901.png

Lightweight cashmere scarf from Begg. Wispy is the right way to describe it, it's incredible how light they're able to make this scarf.

Drakes Plaid Cashmere Scarf
1617460227199.png

Beautiful mixture of blues, reds, and greens.

Ovadia and Sons Cable Knit Cashmere Scarf
1617460314003.png

Pretty sure this was made by Scott and Charters. Nice chunky scarf.

CHCM Cable Knit Cotton Winter Polo - L
1617460406572.png

Part of CHCM's house brand line. Anyone who's shopped at CHCM or met Sweetu knows that he's got impeccable taste. The cable knit sweaters were a personal standout, but doesn't really match that well with my wardrobe these days.

Polo American Flag Sweater - M
1617460431999.png

'Merica

GRP Bubble Knit - tagged V but prob more like a 3

1617459761058.png

Full disclosure, I'm pretty sure this went through a dry cycle and unfortunately shrank. Would not recommend for a 5, but a 3 or maybe lady partner would find this a better fit.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
appreciate you looking. Everyone is OK. Two guys walked in the boutique today and it just felt off. Long story short one stole a Chanel bag. I ran after him outside (I know, I know) and he threatened to shoot me so I backed off. He ran off in a back street and hopped some fences. Nassau County PD was incredible and showed up nearly immediately. Within 10 minutes there were helicopters and the K9 unit canvassing the area. After a half hour they caught the guy and got the Chanel bag back. Not a fun experience but nobody was hurt and the merch was recovered and that asshole will be in a cell for quite some time.

Man... so glad you guys are okay!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
appreciate you looking. Everyone is OK. Two guys walked in the boutique today and it just felt off. Long story short one stole a Chanel bag. I ran after him outside (I know, I know) and he threatened to shoot me so I backed off. He ran off in a back street and hopped some fences. Nassau County PD was incredible and showed up nearly immediately. Within 10 minutes there were helicopters and the K9 unit canvassing the area. After a half hour they caught the guy and got the Chanel bag back. Not a fun experience but nobody was hurt and the merch was recovered and that asshole will be in a cell for quite some time.
Wow!!! Very, very glad to hear you + everyone at the store are ok and even more happy to hear the cops bagged the ******. Props to Nassau County PD!

While I'm with you, my first reaction would be "fight back", in today's world it's a real danger - situations now escalate in a split second and too often with permanent, unrecoverable results. Heck, even with the best intentions some situations can blow up on social and/or news cycle and go out of control. I wish it was different but there's a mob out there and optics matter. Hopefully there's no next time, but now knowing how good your local law enforcement is, don't risk it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ thanks all for your kind words - and yes, thank god all worked out well. He was arraigned the other day and was formally charged with felony robbery, grand larceny, and menacing. He's facing 5-25 years. I gave him a choice too, several times - I told him to just give me the bag back and it would have been fine - he chose poorly.

BUT, moving on and upwards - our first box for our Epaulet program arrived on Friday which is awesome, so all you Epaulet fans out there get ready for some more heat!

And, to those of you celebrating Easter Sunday today I hope you had a great day and are ready to go buck nutty on the auctions ending in a half hour - good luck, the lot of you!

nycs10011

Reaction score
Glad you're okay Spoo, wild what people will do. Are you still offering shipping for NMWA trade-ups? Swapping out summer stuff and I got a box for you.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I saw NR in the title of one of the items... what does it stands for

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's ****** how the NYC area is getting. Oyster Bay is a really nice part of LI, too.

Sorry to hear youy had this experience.

Next time I'm back home, I gotta stop in. I promise not to take a five fingered discount.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Glad you're okay Spoo, wild what people will do. Are you still offering shipping for NMWA trade-ups? Swapping out summer stuff and I got a box for you.

Sorry for late but indeed we are!

Tonight is the night for #menswear folks - there is a size 40/42 extravaganza happening in about a half hour, so if you have any interest in some ridiculously good stuff on the low, you best get out there.

Sorry for being MIA In posting, Ive been busy hunting and gathering!

Good luck all!

Last edited:

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the trouble @SpooPoker !

Popping back in here because my quarterly closet cleanup is now live. For reference, I'm 6' tall and normally a US Large.

Begg Wispy Cashmere Scarf
View attachment 1586503

Lightweight cashmere scarf from Begg. Wispy is the right way to describe it, it's incredible how light they're able to make this scarf.

Drakes Plaid Cashmere Scarf
View attachment 1586504
Beautiful mixture of blues, reds, and greens.

Ovadia and Sons Cable Knit Cashmere Scarf
View attachment 1586507
Pretty sure this was made by Scott and Charters. Nice chunky scarf.

CHCM Cable Knit Cotton Winter Polo - L
View attachment 1586509
Part of CHCM's house brand line. Anyone who's shopped at CHCM or met Sweetu knows that he's got impeccable taste. The cable knit sweaters were a personal standout, but doesn't really match that well with my wardrobe these days.

Polo American Flag Sweater - M
View attachment 1586510
'Merica

GRP Bubble Knit - tagged V but prob more like a 3

View attachment 1586500
Full disclosure, I'm pretty sure this went through a dry cycle and unfortunately shrank. Would not recommend for a 5, but a 3 or maybe lady partner would find this a better fit.

Missed out on that GRP. If anyone on here picked it up and it doesn't work out, let me know

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know what I don't need? Any of the stuff I just bid on.

Damnit Spoo, you did it to me again :)

TS2404

Reaction score
I have a bunch of items up for auction with Luxeswap that are ending this weekend. Some of the listings which have not gotten much attention/bids to date are:

Sage de Cret field jacket in cotton blend. Great jacket, I just a have too many similar jackets in navy/blue and needed to slim down my wardrobe.

Lightly worn Rota cotton trousers in grey herringbone. Current no bids(!) Grab a fantastic pair of trousers for a bargain price.

Vetra shacket - listed as black but could be a very dark navy from memory. Only wore this 2-3 times. Again, only sent this to Spoo as I have too many blue jackets.

Two brand new pairs of Boglioli washed cotton trousers. Would have loved to kept these but unfortunately they are too small and I've accepted that they will probably never fit me.

Really nice APC khaki cotton chinos. Great hand on these and they feel great to wear but were always a slim fit and the extra COVID weight means they do not fit me anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads