• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
2E82C4A9-8E85-446C-B859-DFAE14FAAB7C.jpeg

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a few things with Spoo, auctions ending this week. Wanted to mention them here:

An amazing true vintage Lee 101-J in a size 44. Made in the USA and really incredible fades/wear/fraying/etc. A one-of-a-kind piece. @dieworkwear talked about these (https://putthison.com/what-you-can-really-afford-lees-101j/ and https://dieworkwear.com/2019/07/13/free-and-easy-outerwear/) and they really are phenomenal jackets.

A near-new wool sweater from French Trotters. Purchased from Unionmade Goods (RIP!) and a really, really cool piece. The wool is really great and the quality/construction is top-notch. Retailed for something like $250-300. Size XL.

Another cool sweater, this one from Apolis. An alpaca/cotton blend (crazy soft!) in a size XL. A really great cardigan from a brand that doesn't seem to be making clothes much anymore.

A near-new long-sleeve striped shirt from Mr. P (Mr. Porter's in-house brand). Really great piece in a size XL. Classy, casual, comfy.

This is a stunning shirt from Venanzi. I never actually wore it, so it's still brand new. Made in Italy, beautiful fabric, size 16.5 (42).

Another near-new classic piece; a shirt from Gitman Bros. A really beautiful color, great plaid, size large. Classic! Made in the USA!

Here's one that's fairly self-explanatory... or is it? A NWT Engineered Garments t-shirt with a Stanley Kubrick quote printed on it! A cool graphic tee; size large, made in the USA, with a chest pocket.

A really awesome pair of navy cotton made in the USA sweatpants from Velva Sheen in a size XL. Cool details and great quality.

And another great pair of pants, these ones from Topo Designs. Great camp pants in a size 36, made from organic cotton.

These sneakers are really cool. Near-new condition! Made by Greats Brand in Italy; the quality is phenomenal and the details are killer (high quality mesh, soft/supple leather and suede, and Vibram soles). Jeremy Kirkland talked about these on his podcast and praised them. They're a size 46 and would work well for a true US 12.5-13.

A classic pair of suede single-monks from the Cortina X Rider Boot Co. collaboration. They're a true US size 13 and are made of beautiful dark brown suede, in Italy.

Here's a unique, really beautiful pocket square from Simon Carter. Made in Italy of soft silk, hand-rolled edges, and a stunning woodland print. NWT!

A near-new (maybe worn once or twice) wool/silk reversible scarf from Viola Milano. Super soft! Made in Italy! Polka dots! Paisley! Classic and very wearable.

And, lastly, a cool green trucker hat from Engineered Garments. Made in the USA and embroidered with 'Love and Music.'

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone missed out on the cashmere LBM coats at NMWA and is a size IT50 (they’re tagged 52 but fit snug in the shoulders), or wears EG size 9.5E/10, I have a handful of items with Spoo that should be coming up soon... :devil:

details on EG?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Theres so much good **** on deck from you guys I have a hard time keeping up..... and @Krish the Fish those coats aren't just cashmere they are the most luscious Colombo cashmere thats the kind that always feels "wet" if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, double launch tonight, Ninja has some crazy pieces, and anyone in a 50 who loves Kiton Cucinelli and Loro, you'd better get your bids in now.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.26.55 PM.png

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw my stuffs on the bay and thought I'd add some details...

#1 MENSWEAR Corneliani Made Italy Cashmere Mix Brown Tweed Zipout Vest Jacket 50
Super cool wool+cashemere jacket with a suede-like zip out. Great texture, hacking pockets, zippered coin pocket on one side, single vent. I wore this twice, maybe three times total, but living in Florida it's been a closet queen for too long. A full shade darker and richer brown tones than the pic here, look at the closeups of the sleeves which are closer. Oh, instead of the sleeves having patches on the elbows, they have an insert that runs from the elbow to the cuff (see the pics) and functional buttons. Again, a great piece that deserves a home.

622F2AC04EE90139B1FF543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

Cordone Made in Italy Limited Edition Pacific Blue Brushed Chambray Shirt 16 NR
I bought a number of these shirts a season ago - I think from The Rake - and loved them. Lightly flanneled but almost medium heft. The darker blue just didn't work for me, but it's a great shirt - I still have 3 or 4 in other colors.

52BCC4004EEC0139B3C3543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

#1 MENSWEAR Ermenegildo Zegna Denim Blue Chambray Spread Clr RECENT Shirt 16 NR | eBay
This is either a season or two ago. Zegna mainline, fantastic material, but again just a bit too dark of a blue shirt for me. This is a very classic take on a "denim" shirt. Worn once.
3F41E0E04EEC0139B3A9543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

NWOT #1 MENSWEAR Hertling Made USA Green Infused Brown Twill Pants Trousers 33 | eBay
NWOT RECENT Hertling Made in USA Solid Navy Twill Flat Front Chino Pants 33 NR | eBay
NWOT RECENT Hertling Made in USA Solid Khaki Twill Flat Front Chino Pants 33 NR | eBay

A number of brand new unworn Hertling trousers. I got them on final sale but I lost track of them and they didn't get delivered for like 8 months (no joke!) once they did I had already gotten similar new trousers and didn't need these colors.
Hertling makes great, great trousers - these are a steal.

Incotex Venezia 1951 Beige Linen Cotton Blend Chinolino Flat Front Pants 32 NR | eBay
038E1A004EEE013934C6543D7EF8F2BE.jpg

Get ready for spring-summer now! Classic chinolino's from the masters. Note that these are the 55% linen types which I think are far better for summer wear than the other mixes that are less than 50% linen. Still, I was cutting it close with 32s when I got these and, who am I fooling? I'm stretching 33s these days. The good news is I do have a stable that fits me so it was time to let these walk.

RECENT LNWOT Hackett London L. Piana Zelander Green Tan Donegal Fleck Pants 34 | eBay
E5438AB04EED0139347C543D7EF8F2BE.jpg

RECENT LNWOT Hackett London Loro Piana Zelander Wool Grey Donegal Fleck Pants 34 | eBay
DDE2B1604EED0139B4FA543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

Both of these are new, hemmed, and unworn. Again, living in Florida and only travelling during the winter for recreation, I just never got a shot to go with these. They sat in my winter clothes box for the past 3-4 years and I felt bad every year they got put back up. That's 100% Loro Piana Zelander wool there, with just fantastic texture and feel. I got them on sale for like $250 each but they were down from like $500 retail. Sad that they never worked out for me but happy that somebody is going to get them and rock them.

Armani Collezioni Made in Italy Minimalist Grey Stretch Wool Flannel Pants 34 #1 | eBay
F239EE004EED0139349C543D7EF8F2BE.jpg

Armani Collezioni Cigar Brown Self Ribbed Herringbone Flat Front Draped Pants 33 | eBay
EBA282904EED0139348D543D7EF8F2BE.jpg

Back when Armani Collezioni was still making classically proportioned trousers, I was a big fan. These two are good examples. High waisted, classic leg proportions - no trim/skinny stuff here! Great trousers if that's your aesthetic. The brown ones overlapped with other trousers that fit me better and the gray flannels were just too heavy to get much use here in Florida. I think the gray were worn a few, maybe five?, times and the brown once or twice.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads