1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

The new emails alerting consignors of their items going live is a nice touch :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Those chukkas are classic unlined dark brown suede Aldens on the Leydon last with single waterloc soles. Lots of life left in the soles. They've been Nano-sprayed and well cared for. As a matter of personal preference, I've decided that I'd like a pair of lined brown suede chukkas with thicker soles. Otherwise, they would still be mine. They're awesome. If you like awesome things, like classic American-made brown suede chukkas, these are for you. You don't like awesome things? You want these chukkas anyway. They're that awesome.

The black longwings are shell. Barrie last of course. Did I say the chukkas were classic American footwear? I spoke the truth, but the longwings are classic-Americaner. I'm only selling them because I wasn't wearing them enough (also lots of life in the soles), and I don't have enough room to just maintain a collection of shoes I'm not wearing (at least not when I'm still getting new shoes). So, with great sadness, I'm letting them go so that a true aficionado of gun boats can give them the love that they deserve. They've been brushed after every wear and otherwise left alone. They're in spectacular shape. Gun boats, dudes. Black shell. Your feet will feel like they can create an empire.

1 person likes this.
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ This guy right here, I love him.

Post 29,999!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

I immediately thought - wow, that Corneliani ID sweater jacket is in my size. Then, I realized I had consigned it. NWT. Never warn, other than to try on. Wish I could have kept it, but realized I had way too many navy jackets/sweaters in various styles and this one was too redundant.

2 people like this.
  6. SpooPoker

30,000!

:slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    13 people like this.
  7. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

CG's on 30K! Got digits on that Brioni windowpane?

1 person likes this.
  8. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

All of these spoilered items are my consignments. Ask Spoo for measurements, but I'm happy to answer any other questions by PM. I've also included two "fit" pics I managed to find of the Isaia sport-coat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^I will say on this one that the pants and vest pics are much more representative of color. It's not nearly as flashy as it looks in this pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^This sweater is awesome. As a linen and cotton blend, it can be worn for most of the year--very early fall through well into the spring.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    3 people like this.
  9. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

So much awesomeness coming up but my wife just placed a big European order which leaves me with peanuts to spend. She did mention I get a tie out of the whole deal....

10. TM79

TM79 Senior member

That Orvis jacket is pretty nice. I think that's my favorite item out of this entire batch of listings.

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

CTP, if I didn't already have a Borrelli in pink, an Orvis sniper sweater and a wife who is on our finances like an Osprey on a fish right now, I'd have been all over those.

1 person likes this.
  12. SpooPoker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UNOBTANIUM

25 JUNE 15

1. Issey Miyake Men Wave Patchwork Jacket

2. Isaia Red Sea Island Cotton Jacket

3. NWT Corneliani Blue Knit DB Sweater Jacket

4. Ralph Lauren 100% Silk Cableknit Shawl Collar Sweater

5. Polo Ralph Lauren Full Strap Alligator Loafers

6. Japanese Cotton Woodblock Print Handkerchief

7. Alden Gunboat Longwing Shell Cordovan Barrie Last Shoes

8. Avi Rossini Emerald Green Double Sided Wholecut Tubo Alligator Belt

9. Gaziano & Girling Vintage Rioja Canterbury Boots

10. Lot x7 Ascot Chang for The Armoury Spread Collar Shirts

NOW LIVE

13. SpooPoker

when you get messages like this….

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. SpooPoker

15. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Let's say you're a guy who's been on StyleForum for a while but you still don't have a navy hopsack sport coat, even though you've read approximately 1,356,987 times that you're supposed to. You keep thinking that maybe you should try it but it's boring or not your style. Still, you're curious.

Or let's say you're a guy who has one but wants another in a different weight or shade of navy or with more casual buttons. You haven't seen the right one yet, but you're looking.

If you're either of those guys--or a fan of Mike at Epaulet's overall steez or his commitment to American manufacturing or you just like nice sport coats--then that one up there is for you. Super nice hopsack, half-canvassed, dual vents, 3-roll-2, nice casual--but not too casual--buttons. It's a smallish 40 (ask Spoo for measurements) and I'm probably more like a 41 in Epaulet's cut. So my loss is your gain.
    Manton says that you're not well dressed if you don't have at least one non-navy tweed sport coat. Do you have such a coat? Do you consider yourself well dressed? Is that pattern not amazeballs? That thing is too fucking rad, seriously. But again, it's cut a bit on the smallish side and I probably need one size bigger. This was from an Ends for Friends offering, so it's rare and won't be offered again. Half-canvassed, 3-roll-2, epic pattern. Go get that thing. It's on point.

1 person likes this.
  16. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Dammit Six that second jacket is nuts. I would be all over it if it was a 38 Short. I loved Mikes Friends for Ends.

1 person likes this.
  17. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

@SpooPoker - Deets on these? Women's or Men's?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SpooPoker

Hermes and Versace are women's, the middle one very well may be, but Im offering it as mens and I would wear that all day. Like so : [​IMG]

19. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Too bad it's too big. It would be right up your alley.

20. SpooPoker