1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

2. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

I was just thinking the same about short people... I don't think a single consignor is a 34" inseam [​IMG]

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RISE UP

21 MAY 15

1. APC x Kanye West Blue Hoodie

2. Engineered Garments Denim Jacket

3. Favourbrook Silk Fleur de Lis Waistcoat

4. Saint Crispins Wholecut Shoes

5. NWT Sid Mashburn Purple Corduroys

6. NIB Common Projects Achilles Low (39)

7. Limited Edition Alden Shop San Francisco Full Strap Shell Cordovan Loafers

8. NIB Common Projects Achilles Low (40)

9. Bespoke A. Caraceni for Calvin Klein Jacket

10. NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Cigar Linen Suit

NOW LIVE

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Guys, this is a post that pains me to write. Unfortunately, due to (many, legal, and boring details) several issues, the deal for the house we were selling and subsequently, the house we were buying has been lost. Just days away from when we were supposed to be closing, had everything packed up, and ready for a fresh new start, we were shocked to find out that it has been killed.

For lots of reasons, mostly non-LS related for my family and I, this is a real heartbreaker, after such a long journey to be able to grow and expand, and find our dream house. But, such is life and you can't change the things you don't have the power to (despite my lawyers and our best efforts). So we move on.

Effective today, May 23rd, I have begun opening and unpacking the consignments that have been held since early April. These consignments are now in queue to go live. The first auctions containing these held consignments should be live in about 3-4 Thursdays from now. You can all send freely consignments to be placed in the normal queue to be processed just as before. The shipping address will permanently remain the PO box address in the quoted post above.

Anyone who sent consignments during the past 6 weeks that we held, we will be paying back your postage for any items postmarked from 4/2 - 5/23 with your consignment payouts.

Thanks so much to all of you for your patience and we will try this once again, perhaps next year. For now, my family and I will regroup, enjoy another summer here, and carry on as usual!

If you guys have any questions on the status of your stuff, as always don't hesitate to email me - and thanks so much again, I am so appreciative of you all! :slayer:

2 people like this.
  5. sugarbutch

6. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

That is some real bullshit

2 people like this.
  7. Yorker

Yorker Senior member

Ugh man. I'm sorry.

8. SpooPoker

Yes.

But I also bought a Maserati today, so theres that. :)

2 people like this.
  9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Sounds like a good second prize if you ask me. Ghibli? QP?

10. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior member

Must be tough living that life... :)

11. sugarbutch

Pics or GTFO.

(From eBay Motors, right? Amirite?)

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

You know what, Spoo? You are a helluva guy. Anyone else in your position would have been well within their rights to bitch up a storm and just generally not take this well. But you? You get right back on the horse. You get back to work, you resolve to have a positive attitude about the whole thing, and you buy yourself a motherfucking baddass consolation prize that the rest of us will envy until our deaths in a laminated nursing home some number of years from now.

1 person likes this.
  13. mimo

mimo Senior member

Ugh...sorry, Spoo. But if it wasn't for you, something else is. I hope it's something better.

So yeah, Maserati? I don't really get into the dick-waving about one luxury car over another, but aesthetically, Maserati are definitely high up the ladder for me. Nice choice...now let's get those pics out, eh? A little bit of drooling envy from your public will soon cheer you up.

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Sorry to hear Spoo. But your attitude is awesome so something good will work out for you and the fam.

15. SpooPoker

I work hard for the money, so I better treat me right.

Thank you so much guys.

I learned long ago that you have nothing to complain about if you put 100% into something and it didnt work out. You just can't change what destiny has in store for you. I feel the worst about making you guys wait to have your things listed. Legit, the first thing I said when I found out was "How am I going to tell these guys that I just wasted 6 weeks of their time". I am so appreciative of your understanding.

We had everything in place and timed perfectly to coordinate with the move - starting this week and continuing for the next 3 weeks, the auctions are comprised of mainly my things. As I said yesterday, I immediately jumped on the held consignments, opened and processed them to get them ready for measuring. My measurer, Fallon, is just coming back from maternity leave after the holiday weekend and she is ready to tackle the held pieces.

So yeah, Maserati :) My wife and I (and my daughter who is still pissed she isn't getting her new bedroom :( ) were bummed for a bit and said if we cant get the house of our dreams, lets make this summer as awesome as possible. So I wound up with a new car, and we are going to do a bunch of concerts, dates, and day trips together to make it fun. Life is only once, you can't wallow in yesterday, it will bog you down for tomorrow.

2015 S Q4, fully optioned, carbon fiber out the wazoo, all black errything :slayer: No pics yet, its making its voyage home from the west coast dealership who had the only one in the country that fit the specs I was looking for. Then a quick powder coat on the rims and then pics :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    4 people like this.
  16. A Canuker

A Canuker Senior member

That's a shame for your little one and her new room but the rest isn't a problem. Look forward to seeing the listings and one day I'll get motivated enough to send this stuff I have here before it gets dated.

Hmm vintage always sells for a premium right [​IMG]!

I always thought those rides were a real bargin and would like to here the view of a person who has owned both sides of that brand. The idea of a gently abused one has always caught my fancy but brand new.....jelly. All in all what is ment to be...so this happened for the reason is did.

1 person likes this.
  17. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I can't wait to see that thing driving around LI.

1 person likes this.
  18. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

Your name isn't Spoo??? I feel lied to! Also, congrats on the Maserati! I'm driving a S4 but looked real hard at one until my wife pulled me by my ear away.

19. SpooPoker

Do you like it? I was tossing around an A7 before this.

20. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

I love it. I had a m3 before this but the S4 is just more pleasant around town. I'm about a 36r jacket and feel like a a7 was just to big for me.