Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Bah… I bid on the last moment on three ties and won one at $9.99 my first LuxeSwap auction with that low price. :D

2. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

I had my eye on the Kiton tie but didn't bid. The winning bid was in any case higher than I would have been prepared to go - and it was $1 higher, and was placed precisely 1 second later, than the previous high bid. Pretty sure this represents some kind of strategy from a single entity, bidding under two separate logins. Otherwise it's too farfetched.

3. BaldwinP

BaldwinP Senior member

Why a single entity? Plenty of ebayers use programs to bid at the last second with whatever their max bid is, and of course while people always say "I lost by $1" you don't know how high the max bid for the winner really was. That just looks like two people with sniper programs to me, one of which took effect just after the other (and with a higher max bid).

4. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

^ To be honest I don't think I've ever bid at auction on eBay (hard to believe thought that may be), so probably I just don't understand the process.

Anyway here's the 3-roll-2 Barena jacket I bought from Spoo a couple of weeks back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very unlike any other jacket I've bought - completely unlined, unstructured, and slightly stretchy. Definitely would not suit a portly frame. I feel like I should lose a couple more kilos to make this one work on me. Indeed at first glance one might think it's too small, but in fact it's a precise fit for my shoulder width and arm length, and buttons up without pulling or bowing.

The lack of sleeve buttons, low-set breast pocket and overall clinginess give this Barena jacket an almost cardigan-like feel. Actually at some point I might try it over a tee-shirt (but this will have to wait for spring - it's late Autumn here in the Antipodes). Anyway, it's quite different and I really like it.

Paired here with Déclic shirt, Paolo Albizzati tie, Alexander Olch pocket circle, Sartoria Castangia cotton trousers and G&G split-toe loafers.

5. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

That is a very nice look on you. I would xpost to HOF. ;)
    Pure nitpix, don't think the tie needed a double loop? Looks biggy with the slimmer collared shirt.

6. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Senior member

^ Well spotted. You are right. However, with a single FIH knot tied at the correct point, the back blade would have hung down like a donkey's dick on a hot day. So I compromised.

7. DeSense

DeSense Senior member

That image is worth contemplating upon. Lol
    Must say wise choice then.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i wish i could tie a nice DFIH. :(

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

So Spoo, when are we going to see the SC's you posted on Instagram? I saw a Zegna that is cool, so maybe you can send it to me with the tie I won.

10. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

My debut Luxe experience...

Saw two items I wanted (nothing unusual there) bid on both, succeeded with one, delighted. Was told when things would happen, how they would happen and waited with bated breath. In the meantime the other item was made available again so I was sent a PM offering another opportunity to kop, unfortunately I was out of Town and got the message late, my loss!

The story unfolded as described, item arrived on time and perfectly presented. All measurements were accurate, the description of the item was faultless and the quality as expected.

I will do a bit of 'nip and tucking' but essentially it is very nearly spot on out of the box! Who could ask for more?

LuxeSwap/Spoo many thanks and more power to you :slayer:

Maiden voyage today -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

epic win

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

13. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

I just brushed up and pressed and put in storage my fist spoo adventure. I only wore it twice I think. Dare I say I look forward to next fall and winter already :D

14. razl

razl Senior member

I've developed a habit of getting stuff out of season and packing it up for the next go 'round. It's like a mini-Christmas when I pull stuff out of the attic and there's a couple of new shirts, trousers, socks, etc. I've found that there's something a bit more relaxing about shopping for something to wear 4, 6, or 8 months out; the process is just more thoughtful and dare I say rewarding - I find myself thinking about future combinations/possibilities much further out which allows more time to marinate in the mind.

The whole odd-season hunting thing for me has turned into it's own bit of fun.

Last edited: May 13, 2014

15. razl

razl Senior member

+1 @Cleav - that's all win, mate!