• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, do you use a website to work it out or is it always a set % of the value? 

I use the site below.
http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation

It gives 10 free calculations but basically you pay VAT of 20% on everything (Including the shipping!)over £36 even if its a gift and if the value goes over a set amount (£136 iirc) you pay import tax at the level of the specific item; shoes are 8% for example. Also, if you buy a few items, they calculate the tax on the whole package value. It can get painful but as @Cleav mentioned; if its for a difficult to obtain item or just a great deal, its still worth it and Spoo's shipping fees are among the lowest your gonna find anywhere

Last edited:

dlind

Reaction score
I use the site below.
http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation

It gives 10 free calculations but basically you pay VAT of 20% on everything (Including the shipping!)over £36 even if its a gift and if the value goes over a set amount (£136 iirc) you pay import tax at the level of the specific item; shoes are 8% for example. Also, if you buy a few items, they calculate the tax on the whole package value. It can get painful but as @Cleav mentioned; if its for a difficult to obtain item or just a great deal, its still worth it and Spoo's shipping fees are among the lowest your gonna find anywhere
Thanks!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Spoo - I'll be on vaca up in Portland, Maine for the next 4 days. Think there's a chance the Carmina sale could go down during that time? Trying not use the computer at all this coming week, but I'd probably need to make an exception for this since it's a rare thing.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@SpooPoker
, for those of us that haven't yet had the pleasure to buy from would you mind telling us how to give you our money 
shog%5B1%5D.gif
 I've heard it's paypal but do I need an address or smth to send it too? 

Yup, when you see something you want, PM me for availability, and Ill send you the PP deets, easy as that!

Hey Spoo - I'll be on vaca up in Portland, Maine for the next 4 days. Think there's a chance the Carmina sale could go down during that time? Trying not use the computer at all this coming week, but I'd probably need to make an exception for this since it's a rare thing.

Sounds like a nice vacay. It certainly won't be Thursday or Friday (auctions, respect for my shabbos observing broes). More than likely it will be a week from yesterday, on Saturday morning. Ive got them all shot, inventoried and ready - just waiting to hear back from the owner regarding how much they will be. Weekends are usually best for this sort of thing, so my target is Saturday the 17th.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, when you see something you want, PM me for availability, and Ill send you the PP deets, easy as that!
Sounds like a nice vacay. It certainly won't be Thursday or Friday (auctions, respect for my shabbos observing broes). More than likely it will be a week from yesterday, on Saturday morning. Ive got them all shot, inventoried and ready - just waiting to hear back from the owner regarding how much they will be. Weekends are usually best for this sort of thing, so my target is Saturday the 17th.

Damn, and I was gonna kop some Jordans!!

dlind

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Clearing my schedule!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Half a mil?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pfffffffffft

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that you saying you personally have it beat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads