• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
Morning guys - just a reminder that we are now headed into peak closet clean out season - historically, April and May are our busiest months of the year - almost double December in terms of volume. With 2500+ consignors, just say even half of them did a spring clean of 10 pieces each (and we all know SF guys do way more volume than that lol)... just to give you a sense of perspective.

So if you are doing a cull of summer stuff, I strongly suggest getting that in the air and in a good place in the queue as soon as possible.

Also a reminder that with last weeks drop, we welcome back Mr. Big AKA A1P! About 2 months of stuff forthcoming from that, rejoice ye size 40s!

And Mr. Bruce Boyers last items end tomorrow night - a massive collection of neckwear, so dont forget to get in on those if you want a legacy piece from his collection!
Ring jacket, Iron Heart and Inis Meain headed your way

gimpwiz

Reaction score
When I'm busy and can't babysit auctions, I just throw down some bids the night before. Always a pleasant surprise when they win. Nobody else wanted that tattersall tie? Good for me, I guess. Or I will find out why nobody else wanted it when I get it, that happened a couple times ;)

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Speaking of ebay bugs, it looks like the last page of a seller's listings is actually a repeat of the first page. How cool is that?

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Just send a message to Spoo. He sends you paperwork, you fill it out and put it in with a box with your stuff. Spoo goes over the terms, namely the price split and what to do with stuff that doesn't sell or isn't fit for selling, essentially. Unless you're special, it gets stuck into a queue and auctioned when it gets auctioned, so you just wait till then.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a guide for selling on Luxeswap somewhere?
1. Mail items to spoo (preferably in my size)
2. sign contract and acknowledgement of items
3.?????
4. Profit

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
I like to imagine it something like this.

You mail it to Luxeswap, where it is placed in the queue:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scene.jpg

Next, it will be reviewed by staff:
MV5BMjI5MzgxMTQ4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjczMTk0NzE@._V1_.jpg

Once your items go live, you sit back and enjoy the show:
popcorn-movie-time.gif

After it's all said and done, you sit back and count your stacks (of cash or store credit):
BN-NI725_0331wo_M_20160331153441.jpg

starwarsocean

Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! Post-move closet culls complete. One box just arrived at LuxeSwap and last one mailed yesterday.

Drake's, Oxxford, BBBF, De Bonne Facture, Bigi, Begg & Co, Barbour, and a bunch of other stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads