• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is it, in your experience, about Drakes that cause them to do so damn well in general?
Yeah, I've wondered that exact same thing. I mean, the stuff's great, but so is a lot of other stuff that doesn't seem nearly as consistently well regarded. That brand must have some real geniuses marketing it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drakes tie and pocket square or just in general? I thought they have been running archive sale quite often these days

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those mostly, but I guess the shirts do okay too? Not sure about the situation at retail from their own shop, but they sure seem popular at resale.

Speaking of, I made it a point to visit their shop when I was in London last. I was surprised it wasn't larger!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those mostly, but I guess the shirts do okay too? Not sure about the situation at retail from their own shop, but they sure seem popular at resale.

Speaking of, I made it a point to visit their shop when I was in London last. I was surprised it wasn't larger!

I am often surprised at the size (TWSS) when I get to visit a shop I have read/heard a lot about. Anderson and Sheppard comes to mind, very nice, but much smaller than I envisioned.

Did you visit the new Savile Row shop or the previous iteration on Clifford St?

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am often surprised at the size (TWSS) when I get to visit a shop I have read/heard a lot about. Anderson and Sheppard comes to mind, very nice, but much smaller than I envisioned.

Did you visit the new Savile Row shop or the previous iteration on Clifford St?
You know, I'm not entirely sure, as I don't know the city well. I did some menswear tourism on a brief visit, it seems in March 2018. Would that have been Clifford St, do you know? Looking at the map, I think I do remember it being off the path a bit, but of course I did walk all up and down Savile Row too. And Jermyn Street. I remember I couldn't get 'Werewolves of London' out of my head...lately he's been overheard in Mayfair...

I do know what you mean, about the large presence some of these institutions have in our minds even if not in actual footprint.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I'm not entirely sure, as I don't know the city well. I did some menswear tourism on a brief visit, it seems in March 2018. Would that have been Clifford St, do you know? Looking at the map, I think I do remember it being off the path a bit, but of course I did walk all up and down Savile Row too. And Jermyn Street. I remember I couldn't get 'Werewolves of London' out of my head...lately he's been overheard in Mayfair...

I do know what you mean, about the large presence some of these institutions have in our minds even if not in actual footprint.

2018 would have been Clifford St, they moved late 2019 from there to Savile Row to a slightly larger space.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is it, in your experience, about Drakes that cause them to do so damn well in general?

I mean, any brand that collaborated with LuxeSwap is automatically sent to the stratosphere.....

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks like garage sale is spazzing out tonight fellas - some known tech issues on their side are causing a delay. Not to worry, we will get them there eventually....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yahoooo!! :slayer:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah is that why pics are not in the description this round? (I actually prefer that they be individual pics:hide:)

their picture servers were down - uploading to eBays server takes much much longer this way but it had to be done in order to push live.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys, I would really appreciate your help -

Ive been really focused on the growth of our physical boutique this year and Im pleased to announce we've made the finals in the Best of Long Island competition in THREE categories :

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 4.46.22 PM.png

Voting for the title starts today and goes through December 15th. You can vote once a day in each of the three categories. You have to register to vote the first time but every time after that its just a one button ballot submission and takes only a few seconds to do.

Id appreciate any of you throwing a vote in for us!

Here under thrift / consignment :

and here under mens suits AND best vintage store :

giphy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads