• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waldgraven

Reaction score
Hi Spoo,

No reply from you guys after my post here and the same after my two PM’s. I understand you are busy but could you please please get back to me at your very earliest?
Happy 4th!

Waldgraven

Reaction score
Have you already messaged on eBay? I usually get quick responses there

That’s where the issue lies, the person responding via Ebay is acting very strange. My last (and first) package from LuxeSwap was lost and I accept that’s not Luxeswaps fault (even though I am 300 USD out of pocket) but don’t want the problem to repeat itself for the new jacket I have just recently won.

The person responding doesn’t seem to be willing to understand or to help and I am very concerned about the item being sent via the same USPS service that lost the last package - have offered to pay more to get a courier service but the responses are short, impolite and unhepful at best.

I am sure it’s a misunderstanding and hence would like Spoo to reach out so that I can pay and and receive my item without a 3 month delay and the package eventually disappearing. The issue with the disappearance seems to be a blame game between PostNord (Swedish post) and USPS and the loser is unfortunately yours truly. I don’t want that happen again.

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever double win!

TimothyF

Reaction score
That’s where the issue lies, the person responding via Ebay is acting very strange. My last (and first) package from LuxeSwap was lost and I accept that’s not Luxeswaps fault (even though I am 300 USD out of pocket) but don’t want the problem to repeat itself for the new jacket I have just recently won.

The person responding doesn’t seem to be willing to understand or to help and I am very concerned about the item being sent via the same USPS service that lost the last package - have offered to pay more to get a courier service but the responses are short, impolite and unhepful at best.

I am sure it’s a misunderstanding and hence would like Spoo to reach out so that I can pay and and receive my item without a 3 month delay and the package eventually disappearing. The issue with the disappearance seems to be a blame game between PostNord (Swedish post) and USPS and the loser is unfortunately yours truly. I don’t want that happen again.

On eBay (and also by common sense), lost packages are the seller's responsibility, not the buyer's. After all the seller picks the carrier, and is accountable for the choice. If I understand as I think, then you will have a claim for item not received through eBay/PayPal.

volcanotristate

Reaction score
Forgive me, but I don’t think this forum is an appropriate place to air private business disputes. We as forum participants cannot know the full story of any dispute, so it’s best left up to the parties involved. As to first hand experience with this company and 50+ purchases over the years, I personally find them above reproach.

Waldgraven

Reaction score
1. This is not a duspute - I am NOT blaming LuxeSwap for the lost item. I know for a fact that LS sent it as I have seen photos of the package from the duty import office, you get those when you are asked to pay import duty in Sweden. I am out of pocket but that is not LuxeSwap doing anything wrong, it is 100% the fault of PostNord which I even have an e-mail from them confirming.

What surprises me about LuxeSwap is the customer service experience I have received when winning a new item and wanting to make alternative shipping arrangements to ensure the story doesn’t repeat itself.

Hence I wrote here and sent two PM’s to Spoo to try to get in touch with the owners as I assume it’s a customer service manning the EBay account. Happy to provide screenshots for those who are interested.

Again, LuxeSwap is NOT to blame for the lost item but I feel the understanding and customer experience could have been better.

LuxeSwap has now cancelled my order so I won’t be getting this jacket either.

2. Re me having a claim: I have lodged all possible claims to the Swedish post and they in turn refer to LuxeSwap as sellers.

I then lodged a complaint via message on EBay and was told we had to wait three months before LuxeSwap could pursue their claim with USPS.

Followed up after 4, 5 and 6 months but received no other reply than that USPS had no updates yet (this is true as screenshots were provided by LuxeSwap so I am not questioning that).

I have spent around 50 hours trying to find the lost item, a grail Eidos jacket (Ciro style) without result and desperately wanted to avoid that happening again.

My SF record/history is spotless and so is my Ebay record - I am not trying to **** with anyone. I just wanted Spoopoker to reach out and help me get the new item over to me with as little risk as possible. End of.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/363446167985

1625789235757.png

If anyone here was bidding on this, please let me know. Happy to send it to you for what I paid. Turns out that I've gained more weight in the last year than I had realized.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Related to earlier this week, but who DO you hit up if you've got a delivery question? Don't want to pester Spoo if unnecessary.

Weirdly enough, one item from last week's haul did not deliver (though the package itself delivered in its predictable exceptional turnaround time), though it is seemingly showing as delivered.

Note: if y'all wear espadrilles for anything more than sipping booze poolside, you're made of sterner stuff than I :rotflmao:

volcanotristate

Reaction score
If you need a briefcase the BB this week are excellent. I have one of each color, love them both, tons of room and a sh**load of pockets and stash places

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of getting some trade up credits expedited? NMWA sale is live.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
get-attachmentaspx-2.jpg

As many of you know, I have been a big part of the StyleForum community over the past 3 years. In addition, for the past 10 years, I have operated my eBay store found here.

It is with great pleasure that I can now announce my own site, LuxeSwap.com.

With the introduction of my site, I am pleased to announce my affiliate vendor status here on StyleForum. The primary service that I will offer as an affiliate vendor is to sell your luxury goods via my eBay store. If you have viewed my auctions in the past, I follow a true auction style - the auctions start at $9.99 and run with no reserve. This technique, coupled with a dedicated following of tens of thousands of clients, has garnered some amazing hammer prices for my items. On occasion, my items end at higher than the retail price they are in the stores. I will accept consignments of all kinds : mens, women's, home, fine jewelry and watches.

Perhaps you don't have the inclination to do a closet cleaning? Maybe your B&S sales are not gaining any traction? You have thrifted too much and don't have the time to list? I will sell all your items with the care and treatment that I do my own, and give you the best exposure possible. My eBay page has over 32,000 views, and I have had well over 7,500 successful transactions. There is not much that I don't know how to do in terms of getting you the best prices possible for your items in a true auction environment.

In addition, I have created an eBoutique, also found on LuxeSwap.com where you can purchase items directly. I plan to add many, many more items to the store in the coming months, so I encourage you to sign up for email updates! There are also links to my tumblr and (future) twitter, where you should follow for special teasers and promos.

The StyleForum community is extremely important to me, and I will always do my best for my fellow SF members. To celebrate the launch of my site, I have created a 15% discount for the first 30 days for my store, with code STYFO15.

I look forward to helping you all clear out your closets, thrift finds, unwanted gifts and purchases, and anything else that I can turn into cash for you!

A special thank you must go out to Parker, for designing the site for me, and to in stitches and DerekS for helping me test the site over the past few weeks.

I can be reached via PM here, or by using the "Contact" page on LuxeSwap.com.

Hey guys - I've been mostly tied up with lots of other projects the past few months so haven't been on SF as much as Id like to but wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all for all of your support - 9 years ago I made this post and introduced the world to LuxeSwap and its been a crazy ride since - I appreciate all of you guys and look forward to whats next to come!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads