• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
tonight's drop should be called "Parents Just Don't Understand"...........holla if you get the reference!

It was a hard ride home, I dont know how I survived.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuci Cuci Cuci.

I’ll be honest...it doesn’t suck. This thing is flagrantly pimpin
56368B93-3C13-409D-9B4E-4E81AB36BA75.jpeg

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.11.13 PM.png

AND THE NIGHT GOES BY SO VERY SLOW

AND I HOPE THAT IT WONT END THOUGH

ALONE

HEART, BAD ANIMALS, 1987

9 APRIL 2020

1. Brunello Cucinelli Navy Cashmere Cardigan

2. Vintage Gucci GG Punched Cap Toe Spectator Shoes

3. Portuguese Flannel Jade Green Camp Shirt

4. Supreme x Comme Des Garçons Shirt Reversible Bucket Hat

5. NWT Paul Stuart Houndstooth Wool Robe

6. Loro Piana 100% Cashmere Black Gilet Vest

7. Thom Browne “Hector” Dachshund Clutch Bag

8. Vintage Patagonia USA Rhythm Deep Pile Jacket

9. Burberry 100% Cashmere Tan Super Nova Flannel Scarf

10. Aquascutum Sheared Beaver Fur Camel Coat

NOW LIVE

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few items that are ending on Sunday. Nothing as flashy as much of what gets highlighted on here, but that just means you'll be able to snag something for a really good deal.

For all my fellow iGents, it's probably pretty funny that Carroll & Co thought it a better idea to use their own name on the label rather than telling everyone they could that their linen sweaters were made by Inis Meain. For the retired agents and producers who shopped at Carroll & Co before they closed, I guess it made sense. Anyway, if you've ever bought a linen sweater from NMWA, this cut definitely runs bigger. The standard crewneck in a L from NMWA fit me perfectly and this was quite similar - maybe just a tad shorter/boxier.

This is the most disappointed I've ever been in having to let something go. I've probably bought 20 shirts through Epaulet's Individualized Shirts program and this is one of the two nicest ones. Sadly, it came in about an inch thinner than the other ones I ordered alongside it. I wore it a few times, even used it as a motivation to drop a few pounds, but it was always just a hair too tight on me. The color is stunning, the seersucker fabric is elegant and I added real MOP buttons, a French front and lost the chest pocket for a more Italian look. If you're ever able to leave the house again and you rock this shirt, people will mutter to themselves 'hot damn, did he just step in a big pile of sprezz?' when you walk by.

I continually do this thing where I sorta forget that I don't live in NYC anymore and there's not much of a need for autumn/winter specific clothing in Los Angeles. Or maybe it's just because I prefer those clothes to spring and summer offerings. Either way, these are great pants. The fabric is really soft and drapes nicely, but they are a bit on the warm side for SoCal. I have a similar shade of pants done up in the same Rudy make-up with side-tabs in a wool/cotton/silk fabric and I realized those were the only ones I was ever reaching for.

Ditto about buying fall/winter stuff that I never really get to wear. For basic grey slacks, you're not gonna find anything better than these. Carroll's now only does custom clothes and their pants are made by Rota. I'm not sure if these were made by Rota the way I'm positive about the Inis sweater above, but if they're not, it's another maker of comparable quality.

Sadly, just too wide for my feet. Loved everything about these shoes other than the fit. They're the best luxe take on a dad sneaker I've handled. Also made me chuckle that my feet qualify for the Big Guys tag.

Another item from Carroll & Co. Was originally $400. I got it for $200 at an end of season clearance sale. Great hat for trips - I packed it in a duffle bag without much in the way of specific care a few times and it still came out looking great. To be clear - it doesn't rebound perfectly to the point that it looks new, but it shows some subtle rumples like a worn-in OCBD, which I always felt complimented the look.

Joytropics

Reaction score
This vest is amazing! Unfortunately, I bouldered my way out of it, because it's now too tight in the arm holes/shoulders. If you're a true 38/48 you should snatch it:

And here's another casualty from my too-fast love affair with Loro Piana:

This one was too big for me, I misread the measurements, but it will be an amazing bargain for whoever ends up with it, because a new waterproof cashmere LP overcoat is like $5,000.

Both are Storm System.

Last edited:

chickenfark

Reaction score
Hey Spoo - sorry if you already posted this, how long is the shipping promo going (if it still is?), might try and get a box out this weekend!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a few items that are ending on Sunday. Nothing as flashy as much of what gets highlighted on here, but that just means you'll be able to snag something for a really good deal.

For all my fellow iGents, it's probably pretty funny that Carroll & Co thought it a better idea to use their own name on the label rather than telling everyone they could that their linen sweaters were made by Inis Meain. For the retired agents and producers who shopped at Carroll & Co before they closed, I guess it made sense. Anyway, if you've ever bought a linen sweater from NMWA, this cut definitely runs bigger. The standard crewneck in a L from NMWA fit me perfectly and this was quite similar - maybe just a tad shorter/boxier.

This is the most disappointed I've ever been in having to let something go. I've probably bought 20 shirts through Epaulet's Individualized Shirts program and this is one of the two nicest ones. Sadly, it came in about an inch thinner than the other ones I ordered alongside it. I wore it a few times, even used it as a motivation to drop a few pounds, but it was always just a hair too tight on me. The color is stunning, the seersucker fabric is elegant and I added real MOP buttons, a French front and lost the chest pocket for a more Italian look. If you're ever able to leave the house again and you rock this shirt, people will mutter to themselves 'hot damn, did he just step in a big pile of sprezz?' when you walk by.

I continually do this thing where I sorta forget that I don't live in NYC anymore and there's not much of a need for autumn/winter specific clothing in Los Angeles. Or maybe it's just because I prefer those clothes to spring and summer offerings. Either way, these are great pants. The fabric is really soft and drapes nicely, but they are a bit on the warm side for SoCal. I have a similar shade of pants done up in the same Rudy make-up with side-tabs in a wool/cotton/silk fabric and I realized those were the only ones I was ever reaching for.

Ditto about buying fall/winter stuff that I never really get to wear. For basic grey slacks, you're not gonna find anything better than these. Carroll's now only does custom clothes and their pants are made by Rota. I'm not sure if these were made by Rota the way I'm positive about the Inis sweater above, but if they're not, it's another maker of comparable quality.

Sadly, just too wide for my feet. Loved everything about these shoes other than the fit. They're the best luxe take on a dad sneaker I've handled. Also made me chuckle that my feet qualify for the Big Guys tag.

Another item from Carroll & Co. Was originally $400. I got it for $200 at an end of season clearance sale. Great hat for trips - I packed it in a duffle bag without much in the way of specific care a few times and it still came out looking great. To be clear - it doesn't rebound perfectly to the point that it looks new, but it shows some subtle rumples like a worn-in OCBD, which I always felt complimented the look.
This vest is amazing! Unfortunately, I bouldered my way out of it, because it's too tight in the arm holes/shoulders. If you're a true 38/48 you should snatch it:

And here's another casualty from my too-fast love affair with Loro Piana:

Too big for me, I misread the measurements, but it will be an amazing bargain for whoever ends up with it, because a new one of these is like $5,000.

Both are Storm System.

Cant say it enough, love. these. posts.

Hey Spoo - sorry if you already posted this, how long is the shipping promo going (if it still is?), might try and get a box out this weekend!

We havent put a finite end to it t see how it plays out, probably another week or so depending on response! Get it airborne, we got you.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads