• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker I will be interested to hear how your week went and how much of an impact the looming end of the world had on sales today.

Sorry for late, was quite the busy week! Anyhow, looks like there hasn't been any real impact negatively for the most part. A few cancellations, a few bidders that are usually there at the end weren't. A whole lot of brand new winners, an a whole lot of international purchases. Only a handful of people mentioned Coronavirus after they won. Sales wise, most of the pieces we had up shook out where I thought they would be. As always, a few surprises in both directions but largely on par with anything we've previously had up.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late, was quite the busy week! Anyhow, looks like there hasn't been any real impact negatively for the most part. A few cancellations, a few bidders that are usually there at the end weren't. A whole lot of brand new winners, an a whole lot of international purchases. Only a handful of people mentioned Coronavirus after they won. Sales wise, most of the pieces we had up shook out where I thought they would be. As always, a few surprises in both directions but largely on par with anything we've previously had up.

Thanks for the feedback. I probably just have an inflated sense of my stuff's value :)

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 5.07.23 PM.png

STATEMENT ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)

Friends -

We have been monitoring the progress of the COVID-19 virus and its impact on the world and our local community. As the state has ordered mandatory closings of many businesses in New York, we are acting in line with them and moving our brick and mortar retail operation to appointment only, starting today, Tuesday, March 17th. We will continue to monitor updates from the government and will resume full business hours as soon as we can.

In the meantime, locals! Check out our new window backdrops we just installed today - they’re gorgeous ? and our mannequins will be just as extravagant when they go in later this week. Get ready for some incredible pieces to compliment them.
Regarding our online business, which as you all know is the heart and soul of LuxeSwap - that will carry on with no change, BUSINESS AS USUAL. With 20+ years in the digital arena, we are more than well equipped to seamlessly run our digital business this way. Our amazing and dedicated staff can shoot from their home studios. We are offering social distancing hours for those who prefer to work alone or in less than two person environments and more. We are still taking in hundreds of items a day and shipping just the same. What better time to do a closet clean and send us stuff, and conversely check out our amazing assortment to shop from home? Win win.

In fact, with such intense direction from across the globe to stay home, and with all reports leading to a major uptick in online shopping, we are planning a major, and I mean major surprise for our online community. Stay tuned for some of the most impressive things we have had the privilege to sell!
In the meantime, stay safe, wash your hands, pour one up, and go get bidding!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good morning all you WFH'ers!

Considering that we've got a more captive (no pun, well maybe :lol) audience than usual with everyone holed up with only their devices to keep them company, I have a special treat for you tonight.

Remember the flames that were week 48? Biggest night of the year? Well, we're its going to be kinda like that again tonight. Thats right, we've gone and pulled out the best of the best and its all going live tonight....I mean, strike while the iron is hot, right? Some teasers for ya..... and theres so much more.....
IMG_5831.jpg
IMG_5835.jpg
IMG_5849.jpg
IMG_5854.jpg
IMG_5910.jpg
IMG_5914.jpg
IMG_6175.jpg
IMG_6178.jpg
IMG_6187.jpg
IMG_6190.jpg
IMG_6196.jpg
IMG_6198.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg
IMG_6214.jpg
IMG_6216.jpg
IMG_6219.jpg
IMG_6232.jpg
IMG_6235.jpg

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks like some of my size!
Soooo much in your size, this client was your body double! Lots and lots of Brunello for you.....

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker , We are all working from home. what the hell do we need a beautiful blue Camoshita chesterfield coat for? Everyone should protest by not bidding on that sexy jacket... seriously, no bids.. that will teach a lesson... please?

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Considering that we've got a more captive (no pun, well maybe :lol) audience than usual with everyone holed up with only their devices to keep them company, I have a special treat for you tonight.

Remember the flames that were week 48? Biggest night of the year? Well, we're its going to be kinda like that again tonight. Thats right, we've gone and pulled out the best of the best and its all going live tonight....I mean, strike while the iron is hot, right? Some teasers for ya..... and theres so much more.....
View attachment 1357631 View attachment 1357632 View attachment 1357633 View attachment 1357634 View attachment 1357635 View attachment 1357636 View attachment 1357637 View attachment 1357638 View attachment 1357639 View attachment 1357640 View attachment 1357641 View attachment 1357642 View attachment 1357643 View attachment 1357644 View attachment 1357645 View attachment 1357646 View attachment 1357647 View attachment 1357648
Size on that Valstar?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1357631 View attachment 1357632 View attachment 1357633 View attachment 1357634 View attachment 1357635 View attachment 1357636 View attachment 1357637 View attachment 1357638 View attachment 1357639 View attachment 1357640 View attachment 1357641 View attachment 1357642 View attachment 1357643 View attachment 1357644 View attachment 1357645 View attachment 1357646 View attachment 1357647 View attachment 1357648
When you see stuff in your size and are left to decide if you should stockpile toilet paper or buy awesome things from Spoo.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/v0eHX3n28wvoQ" width="480" height="324" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads