• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks for all the wins tonight guys! Sorry I forgot to post lists/reminders this weekend, its was my birthday and I was all over the place.

Just hit up Spoo. It’s auto-function for me at this point...which I assume is the case for all SF buyers
I do all that shit manually man, I have most everyones names memorized but occasionally I forget. If I haven't done one for you HMU THROUGH EBAY (not SF) with your item and ill fix it!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the wins tonight guys! Sorry I forgot to post lists/reminders this weekend, its was my birthday and I was all over the place.

I do all that shit manually man, I have most everyones names memorized but occasionally I forget. If I haven't done one for you HMU THROUGH EBAY (not SF) with your item and ill fix it!
Happy bday! Hope you indulged in some quality tequila

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You guys are really not ready for the week before Week 48, Week 48 you may need a valium, and the week after 48 (uh, 49?) you may need to sit in a quiet room. Most powerful triptych that has ever been carved into our auctions.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to call out a few of my items that hit LS this week and that would be perfect for this early blast of cold air many of us in the Midwest and NE are experiencing this week (it was 12º in Detroit this morning!):

First, a pair of donegal tweed Epaulet Rivets - these are the original style of Rivet with room in the seat to let out. They even got a call out on PTO's latest eBay Roundup!

Epaulet Granite Grey Rainbow Donegal Speckled Unlined Pants 36 NR

Another pair of Epaulet Rivets - this time in grey "Tweederoy"

Epaulet Smoke Grey Tweed Corduroy Pants 34 NR

Here's some Panta unlined tweed trousers. These things are seriously heavy. Panta used to make some of the best trousers I've ever come across but I believe they are sadly defunct now. I only wore these a few times over the course of one winter and then they sat untouched in my closet for a few years. It's a shame I outgrew them because these are seriously gorgeous.

Panta New York Wheat Speckled Tick Weave BEEFY Tweed Unlined Pants

Carl Sterr is a menswear store here in Metro Detroit and I've got a couple of perfect winter items from them this week - First, a pair of very heavy charcoal tweed trousers (these were made by Hertling, and IIRC are the "Como" cut, which is similar to Epaulet's "Walt" cut). Second is a Carl Sterr branded suit that was made by Samuelsohn and is in their "Rugby" model. The suit is 99% wool and 1% mink and that little bit of mink seems to have made a huge difference in how soft the material is. I'm saddened to let this one go as it always felt like wearing a pair of pajamas but after outgrowing it a few years back, I've given up hope on losing enough weight in my mid section to fit into it again anytime soon.

Last, look at my f*cking red trousers!

ULTIMATE FALL Hertling Van Boven Wine Wide Wale Velvet Finish Corduroy Pants 33

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
I wanted to call out a few of my items that hit LS this week and that would be perfect for this early blast of cold air many of us in the Midwest and NE are experiencing this week (it was 12º in Detroit this morning!):

First, a pair of donegal tweed Epaulet Rivets - these are the original style of Rivet with room in the seat to let out. They even got a call out on PTO's latest eBay Roundup!

View attachment 1278462

View attachment 1278463
@Michigan Planner what's the fit around the hips and thighs on these to Epaulets? I have a pair of their Jungle pants in a 34 and they aren't roomy enough in the crotch for my liking. I have a pair of their Wilhelm jeans in a 34 and they are fine. I was going to bid on these two and then changed my mind after I wore the Jungle pants.

I find a lot of stuff from Epaulet to be cut to slender for my preference and wanted to know how these two stack up?

(Feel free to also comment on the fit of the other stuff you have up as well...)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner what's the fit around the hips and thighs on these to Epaulets? I have a pair of their Jungle pants in a 34 and they aren't roomy enough in the crotch for my liking. I have a pair of their Wilhelm jeans in a 34 and they are fine. I was going to bid on these two and then changed my mind after I wore the Jungle pants.

I find a lot of stuff from Epaulet to be cut to slender for my preference and wanted to know how these two stack up?

(Feel free to also comment on the fit of the other stuff you have up as well...)
I have relatively bigger thighs and I always thought those two pair that are on the auction fit a little bigger than some of the more recent Rivet offerings. These were both done as MTO and IIRC, I might have actually specified slightly larger thigh measurements (these were done as MTOs back when you could still customize the Rivet specs a bit) or it's possible I may have had my tailor let them out a bit through the legs. Either way, any altering was done long enough ago that I cannot recall the specifics enough to be 100% sure.

FWIW, I wore the corduroy Rivets in a size 34 a season or so longer than I could fit into most of my other 34 tagged trousers.

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
I have relatively bigger thighs and I always thought those two pair that are on the auction fit a little bigger than some of the more recent Rivet offerings. These were both done as MTO and IIRC, I might have actually specified slightly larger thigh measurements (these were done as MTOs back when you could still customize the Rivet specs a bit) or it's possible I may have had my tailor let them out a bit through the legs. Either way, any altering was done long enough ago that I cannot recall the specifics enough to be 100% sure.

FWIW, I wore the corduroy Rivets in a size 34 a season or so longer than I could fit into most of my other 34 tagged trousers.
@Michigan Planner, thanks - this is super helpful. I liked the cords and was weary of them. So, glad I asked.

Marc Voorhees

Reaction score
Here's some Panta unlined tweed trousers. These things are seriously heavy. Panta used to make some of the best trousers I've ever come across but I believe they are sadly defunct now. I only wore these a few times over the course of one winter and then they sat untouched in my closet for a few years. It's a shame I outgrew them because these are seriously gorgeous.

View attachment 1278466
Hey... Hey now. Let's just calm down about these pants. shhhh. Everyone stop looking at them, they aren't that amazing... nothing to see here... Please? I haven't won in so long, I need the positive validation...

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1278462

View attachment 1278463

View attachment 1278466

Carl Sterr is a menswear store here in Metro Detroit and I've got a couple of perfect winter items from them this week - First, a pair of very heavy charcoal tweed trousers (these were made by Hertling, and IIRC are the "Como" cut, which is similar to Epaulet's "Walt" cut). Second is a Carl Sterr branded suit that was made by Samuelsohn and is in their "Rugby" model. The suit is 99% wool and 1% mink and that little bit of mink seems to have made a huge difference in how soft the material is. I'm saddened to let this one go as it always felt like wearing a pair of pajamas but after outgrowing it a few years back, I've given up hope on losing enough weight in my mid section to fit into it again anytime soon.

View attachment 1278467View attachment 1278469

Last, look at my f*cking red trousers!

ULTIMATE FALL Hertling Van Boven Wine Wide Wale Velvet Finish Corduroy Pants 33
View attachment 1278470
I wish all of our SF consignors did this. Gets a great conversation rolling and everyone wins, the buyer gets the back story and the seller gets extra funds. Well done.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
X-Posting from the NMWA thread. I compiled a list of NMWA pieces that went up last night, figured you guys would appreciate the links here too. Most all of these pieces (and more) are thanks to our last trunk show there - some current-ish season stuff and some really awesome pieces. Enjoy!

OUTERWEAR

Stutterheim of Sweden Rubberized Unstructured Wine Cranberry Hooded Rain Coat S

#1 MENS Stephan Schneider Cashmere Blend Flannel Camel Bubble Knit Clr Coat 5 NR
(I forgot the name of this, It wasn't frozen waves, right?)

SPORTCOATS

LNWOT #1 MENS Sartoria Cantarelli Angora Cashgora Blend Smoke Birdseye Jacket 48
this is probably NWOT, mint condition.

NWOT #1 MENSWEAR Eidos Napoli Silk Linen Mix Augus Sand Basketweave Jacket 48 R

#1 MENS LNWOT Sartoria Cantarelli Silk Cashmere Mix Brown Cream Check Jacket 52
freaking awesome cloth on this

#1 MENSWEAR LNWOT Eidos Napoli Olive Gabardine Balthazar Patch Pocket Jacket 50
another one thats probably NWOT

#1 MENSWEAR Camoshita Japan Linen Mix Pearl Grey Slubby Unstructure DB Jacket 50

SWEATERS

LNWOT Stephan Schneider Teal Static Indigo Knit Marled Crewneck Sweater 6 NR

#1 MENSWEAR Blurhms Made in Japan Black Heavy Knit Ribbed Hoodie Sweater 2 NMWA
Bluhrms!!! wasn't this just last season?

#1 MENSWEAR Eidos Napoli Navy Speckled Honeycomb Wool Turtleneck Sweater M NR
#turtleneckszn

Camoshita United Arrows Made in Japan White Ribbed Trim Crewneck Sweater M NR

#1 MENSWEAR Eidos Napoli Vanilla Dobby Boucle Powder Blue Stripe Crew Sweater L
Im going to call everything "dobby" from now on. I like that word.

#1 MENSWEAR Stephan Schneider SOFT Baby Pink Basketweave Cotton Crew Sweater 6
I haven't seen a pink SS in a long time. This is a cool one.

SHIRTS

Stephan Schneider Belgium Teal Racing Green Poplin Jersey Back Seamless Shirt 6

Portuguese Flannel Pale Peach Tropical Leaf Batik Print Viscose SS Shirt L NR
Someones got a vacation coming up, no?

#1 MENSWEAR Naissance Made in Japan Putty Ribbed Southwest Western Snap Shirt L
nicest Naissance shirt I have handled. Solid AF

#1 MENSWEAR G. Inglese Sky Blue Wht Knit Birdseye L/S Polo Shirt Italy 15.5 NR

GRP Toscana Made in Italy Olive Linen Speckled Split Neck Henley Tee Shirt V NR

#1 MENSWEAR Naissance Made in Japan 100% Linen Spice Rust Unstructured Shacket M
Was super tempted on this myself.

#1 MENSWEAR Sage de Cret Made in Japan Multi Panel Linen Shredded Bib Shirt M NR

Camoshita Made in Japan United Arrows Grey Flannel Brushed Double Plaid Shirt 39

Camoshita Made in Japan Mocha Brown Draped Twill Mandarin Collar Shirt 39 NR WOW

#1 MENS Ts(S) TSS Made in Japan Ocean Blue White Batik Allover Floral Shirt 2 NR
as was I on this, such an awesome shirt.

LNWOT Portuguese Flannel Deep Forest Green Tribal Block Print S/S Camp Shirt M

Ts(S) TSS Made in Japan Emerald Green Multi Gradient Tartan Plaid Shirt 3 NR

AMAZING LNWOT Portuguese Flannel Black Micro Corduroy Rainbow Floral Shacket L
bananas piece, I love this.

LNWOT Portuguese Flannel Ice Blue Woven Stripe Mandarin Henley Tunic Shirt L NR

Ddugoff Made in USA White Powder Blue Multi Stripe OCBD Oxford Cloth Shirt M NR

LNWOT Naissance Made in Japan Slubby Red Multi Madras Plaid S/S Camp Shirt M NR

PANTS

LNWOT #1 MENSWEAR Rota Pantaloni Apple Red Garment Washed Twill Pants Italy 50

Monitaly Made in USA Chalk White Drawstring 100% Linen Beach Surf Easy Pants M

#1 MENSWEAR Blurhms Made in Japan Black Heavy Knit Ribbed Lounge Pants 2 NR NMWA
Bluhrms!! Matches the hoodie from above for the full suit, but we are selling it separate in case anyone needs just half of it.

#1 MENSWEAR Eidos Napoli 100% Linen Cigar Brown No Man Walks Alone Pants 46 NR

TSS Ts(S) Made Japan Indigo Ringspun Navy Side Stripe Drawstring Lounge Pants 2

SUITS

#1 MENSWEAR LNWOT Camoshita Japan Cashmere Wool Midnight Flannel Stripe Suit 50

#1 MENS Camoshita Japan Chestnut Navy Puckered Stripe 3 Patch Easy Pants Suit 50
ive had this suit a few times and its just so good.

ACCESSORIES

LNWOB #1 MENSWEAR Castaner Green Perforated Suede Loafspadrille Espadrilles 42

LNWOB Castaner Spain Vanilla Unlined Pique Canvas Loafspadrilles Espadrilles 43
carving out the "loafspadrille" keyword was a lot of fun :lol:

#1 MENSWEAR Buttero Made in Italy B825 Black Side Zip Motorcycle Boots 42 NR

LNWOT Farnese Made Italy Genuine Alligator Crocodile Tab White Stretch Belt 110

#1 MENSWEAR LNWOT Drakes Made in England Angora Wool Maxi Plaid Flannel Tie NR

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.