• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe the wrong thread but re sniping and such. Why is it so that the auction isn't getting prolonged by like 30 seconds with each bid that gets in when the auction has like less than two minutes remaining?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Maybe the wrong thread but re sniping and such. Why is it so that the auction isn't getting prolonged by like 30 seconds with each bid that gets in when the auction has like less than two minutes remaining?

Im not sure I understand the question.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if you put in your bid at the last second, the others have time to react and bid even higher than their previous bid if they really really want it. I guess that benefits the seller more than the buyers. I remember the auctions in World of Warcraft (when i played that during my teens some ten years ago) worked just like that. Cannot come up with any other auctions working that way now. But enough with that now, I won't clog up your thread with this things now.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well if you put in your bid at the last second, the others have time to react and bid even higher than their previous bid if they really really want it. I guess that benefits the seller more than the buyers. I remember the auctions in World of Warcraft (when i played that during my teens some ten years ago) worked just like that. Cannot come up with any other auctions working that way now. But enough with that now, I won't clog up your thread with this things now.

ah I understand. They dont extend the time, its a finite moment where the auction ends, so as @bry2000 has expressed, which I am a staunch supporter of, putting your best bid forth on day one, 7, 9 or whenever, but if you get outbid it wont hurt as much.

Goodman

Reaction score
very happy those are going to you! :)
Sweaters arrived today and am very happy they are now mine. It probably shouldn't matter, but I got a kick out of seeing the No Man hang tag still attached to the linen sweater (don't recall seeing them in the product photos).

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sweaters arrived today and am very happy they are now mine. It probably shouldn't matter, but I got a kick out of seeing the No Man hang tag still attached to the linen sweater (don't recall seeing them in the product photos).

The blueberry one I wanted pretty hard myself brother... should you reconsider, hit me up :lol:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of our forum members came to visit me to drop off today and I gave him a sneak peak at Thanksgiving night.

Once he gets out of the hospital, Ill let him fill you in on it. :hide:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some sneak previews for tomorrow drops... for those of you into the Rick Owens/dark aesthetic, we start a nearly month long drop of Rick/Julius/Y3/CDG/Ann Demeulemeester and similar....

IMG_9136.JPG
IMG_9139.JPG
IMG_9163.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0090.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0262.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0460.JPG

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not for me, but probably? It’s a YH. A WSL Loro Piana if memory serves.

Ah ok. I did that for sure somewhere in the past, and it was a beauty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads