1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

go batshit crazy, my friend.

2. Torzano

Torzano Senior Member

Good stuff tonight. After looking at some items they immediately came up on eBay sponsored Instagram. Big tech is scary stuff.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Bid early!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:46 AM

4. SpooPoker

try having a conversation about something and then seeing the sponsored things show up in your IG feed. Try it. Creepy.

5. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

Lol is there a success rate to these spammers? Like, 1 out of every 20,000 posts? I don't understand the business model.

6. gfmozart

gfmozart Distinguished Member

Oh yes. They are listening

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Bids placed! Some nice ties on this batch but I want some of the ones posted in Instagram.

8. SpooPoker

thanks man! Those are next week

9. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Woohoo! Yes!

10. Cark

Cark Senior Member

does anyone else have the same habit as me? i call it "spoo poking", it is where i go look at spoo's auctions and if i see something that is popular and know will sell well, i will bid early and do my best to bid up the price of the item and it will sell at at a higher than normal price. but of course i already have a lot of clothes so when i bid i have no intention of winning (but my bids are never high enough so that i will win, and know i wont win because the items are really popular). so in the end, i just end up making the auctions more expensive for the eventual winner. it must be my new trend, right?

11. elsalvatrucha

elsalvatrucha Senior Member

I know you say this as a joke but it could actually hurt Spoo's reputation so if I was you I would probably not say it. For example, this actually makes me less likely to bid and I will venture to say make anyone who sees this less likely to bid if people are artificially inflating auctions.

12. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Distinguished Member

It's just his "master plan" to stop the homosexuals from buying effeminate shaggy sweaters for cheap. In his world, they gotta be punished somehow ...

And "spoo poking" sounds like a homoerotic act. He should discuss his reasons for choosing that name at his next conversion therapy session ...

Ignore him

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

thank you for increasing the prices of the items I bid on that I genuinely want

14. SpooPoker

I do not condone this action, I disavow this activity, and if I see you bidding on my auctions, Im going to cancel your bids, plain and simple.

So please, dont do that.