1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Desi Montez

Desi Montez Senior Member

@SpooPoker just saw these at my local home goods, they reminded me of you. If you want one and they don’t have them in your area, I’d proxy for you.

8D05658F-1659-4FCF-B32A-44FB579EF299.jpeg

02D8A9B8-C0E9-46EF-814F-951FB53B99ED.jpeg

3F8467FC-A365-4434-B3DD-D339B9D3F875.jpeg

86BD461E-7A71-44E4-B142-EBD817156828.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

2. notdos

notdos Senior Member

Is it week #47 yet?
    Bring on the LV :bounce2:

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

holy shit those are awesome! What the hell is that doing at home goods! I appreciate the proxy but im sure shipping those is a pain in the ass. but if you're my secret Santa....that will work!

@notdos dude. I started authoring week 47 today and I got legit 25 auctions in and was like "yup, thats worth as much as the 500 last week". you guys are not going to believe what I am about to deliver to you. I hope you like outerwear.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.09.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.09.09 PM.png

WHISPERS AND MOANS

8 NOVEMBER 2018

1. Ermenegildo Zegna 15mil15 Milano Cut Grey Plaid Jacket

2. Gary Tok x Vanda Fine Clothing Bespoke Shoemakers Book

3. Rubinacci Napoli Purple Fresco Silk Piped Plaid Jacket

4. Arnys Paris Le Jour Se Leve Limited Edition 200ml Fragrance

5. Henry Poole Savile Row Bird Print Pocket Square

6. Vintage Versace Sterling Silver Medusa Table Lighter

7. Moncler Rethel Giubutto Coyote Fur Trim Parka Coat

8. Edward Green Burgundy Westminster Double Monk Shoes

9. Minotaur Gradient Glen Plaid Coat

10. Vetements Neon PVC Reflective Hooded Rain Coat

NOW LIVE

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Good gracious

6. Torzano

Torzano Senior Member

Rota pants pretty sick too.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Positively crushed that slubby Kiton and lavender Atollini shirts are half size too small for me. Crushed.

8. baltimoron

baltimoron Distinguished Member

Shameless self promotion I have some things in this week so I thought I'd pop in with a few words about the various items. For reference, I'm 6', 180 lbs and a pretty standard L.

Minotaur gradient check coat - This is a really fun coat. NMWA had the chesterfield version of this without the glen plaid and the gradient was from black to gray if I remember right. The convertible collar version in black / dark gray was only sold in japan. Minotaur is jp sizing, so XL prob best for an L. You can also see @SpooPoker rocking it here
    LL.jpeg

Dries Van Noten Fair isle sweater in wool / mohair. Fluffy as a cloud. Chest measurements seem off, I'm pretty sure it's around 22" / best for a standard Large.
    LL.png

Helmut Lang moleskin chesterfield - Moleskin is one of my favorite fabrics, and I've always thought Helmut Lang used it best. A great material and an even better shaped coat. Fits a slim large / XL if you undo some of the tailoring (I had it taken from a 52 to more of a 50).
    Helmut Lang wool hopsack trousers - These were deadstock from Japan and worn only once or twice after having my tailor add a cuff. From memory, the original tag labeled these as a 'winter hopsack'.
    1000-1.png

Undercover FW17 vest - The 2 diagonals actually hold 4 pockets, really warm down filling. Undercover in size 4 (size L) is always difficult to come by.
    Undercover lightweight pants - light as air

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

9. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Are you typically a 50 or 52 in non-Japanese brands? What do you take in Dries outerwear for example?

10. baltimoron

Typically a 50 in non-Japanese brands.

Dries outerwear I am a 50 / L in pre-2017 things (I find sizing gets fluid beyond that year...)

11. bry2000

You are referring to Dries’ using more oversized models in recent seasons?

Would you say that Minotaur fits a size 50 (tagged XL)? (Sidenote: I have a different model Minotaur coat tagged XL, but would fit a 50, certainly not a 52).

12. baltimoron

Yes, I've found that I need to take a M in more recent Dries.

Minotaur is probably best for a 50, but it's slightly oversized. I seem to recall it had a 22.5 inch chest, maybe 23 but definitely not 25 inches like the listing (chest measurements for that and the Dries sweater seem especially off). Really the reason I recommend it to a 50 is that I'm not sure if the sleeve length would work for a 52.

13. bry2000

Understood. Thanks. Minotaur makes great stuff. The sizing you describe is consistent with the piece I have.

14. SpooPoker

This is a great post! Thats how it should be done. Thanks @baltimoron ! I had a hard, hard want for that Minotaur coat myself. Its freaking awesome. I hope you guys bid it up astronomically so I dont regret not making an offer on it myself :)

Hey, whats that long coat you're wearing on top of the Dries sweater in that pic?

15. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

Happy birthday spoo!