1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I think with all the crap incredibly incredibly nice things I'm sending him at the tail end of July, he'll be able to pay for the maintenance, courtesy of yours truly.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

lets rob him. that will be awesome. you can keep the SCs, ill keep the ties.

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Have the sport coats.

I'll take the Ferrari. The police will probably find me a quarter mile down the road, still trying to learn how to drive it, but it'll be worth it.

4. in stitches

y u no agree to my evil planz : (

1 person likes this.
  5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

That would be a curious police report:

"Robbers took all of the victim's clothing & shoes, but left all jewelry, cars, and electronics behind..."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Guys, I sold this ridiculous (excuse me, sorry - RIDICULOUS amazing RARE) Cifonelli suit to a fellow forumite, and the measurements didnt quite work out for him, so he is putting it back up on the chopping block.

Words dont say how nice this suit is - its a gorgeous soft wheat brown POW with a gentle blue overcheck. $4600 new and worn barely a few times, I urge you to try and find another recent Cifonelli suit for this price, of this recent provenance, for this size. 36/38S sizes wake up! You can find his listing here :

http://www.styleforum.net/t/354801/mtm-adrian-cifonelli-suit-cashmere-wool-38s-or-38r

and :spam: I have one more suit of the same brand, same cut, in a beautiful fall weight grey nailhead. :)

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

8. SpooPoker

9. in stitches

amazing cucinelli shoes....... not my size

sick isaia jacket my size ............. full of shatnez

:fu:

10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Uh I liked the white RL… but what is hemp? The Isaia is nice too, also the Canali. Expect PM Spoo.

Now this turns complicated… get the red Zegna or another one. :D

The Borrelli's, what size are they?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  11. in stitches

12. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

So, estitchy, you are telling me that with the RL made of hemp, I will be very happy 24/7? :eh: A special jacket to fly by my own? :D

13. in stitches

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Woozah! I take that jacket! :D

1 person likes this.
  15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

First successful consignment with Spoo! Thank you!

2 people like this.
  16. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Won this Brioni glen check today - can't wait to get it:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    6 people like this.
  17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

I may end up getting addicted to Luxeswap consignment. Sending ol' Spoo one of my favorite jackets. It's just one size too big for me. Once I learned how things should fit, this one never looked the same. Ignorance is bliss.

Not saying what it is but whoever buys it better treat it right!

18. SpooPoker

:slayer:

19. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

One year ago today, at 6:00am, I woke up, went for a walk on the beach. I was so nervous to come back and hit "submit" on the post that is spoilered above. I had worked for months preparing the LuxeSwap website and business plan. I was on hiatus from posting at 19,999 for a week or so, waiting to make that my 20,000th post.

When I was walking on the beach, I was nervous that the community would not really respond to the site, and all the money and time I invested in it would be for naught. Its always scary putting something you put so much of yourself into full throttle, right into the public. I cant say this was any different. The sales I make are largely fact based - measurements, pictures, descriptions. Not really something that takes an artist to create, but I treat each piece as if it were my artwork. I try and make a crappy piece look great, I try and make a great piece look even better. I take each auction and sale quite personally, and I like watching them bloom like a flower from when the seed is planted until full blossom. I think (I hope) that thats why most of my auctions are successes.

At 6:30am, when the sun began to rise, I sat there on the shore and said a little prayer to myself that everything would work out well with my venture that I was about to embark on. The day and time were also pretty significant to me, as it marked the 15 year anniversary of the death of one of my personal heroes, Gianni Versace. I snapped the picture above to commemorate the moment, put on U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" on my iPod, came back inside, and hit submit on that post at 6:54am.

And so, LuxeSwap was born.

A year later, the business that I have created has been busier and more successful than anything I could have ever expected. When I started LuxeSwap, I was listing 30-40 auctions a week, and that was a lot to handle. Now, I rarely list less than 125 per week, most weeks about 175, with hundreds of more auctions that I just didnt have time to finish. I take upwards of 2500 photos each week, have sent over 30,000 emails, and have sent over 5,000 packages this year. Ive sold over 6000 of your pieces this year, that you so generously trusted in me to move for you. I have also met some extremely cool people who started out as consignors and I now call my friends. Ive made a lifelong dream come true of purchasing a Ferrari, which is something that I never expected would happen.

Of course, its not all without sacrifice. I rarely have a break or a vacation, Ive worked on my listings in some aspect each day for the past 365 days. I wake up at 4:30-5:00am nearly every single day to work on them. I work on Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. I was packing ties on New Years Eve. My daughter sometimes helps pack the packages, she puts the stickers on the tissue paper. If you get one a little crooked, you know why. My wife writes you all your checks, you can thank her for those. She lovingly packs all the packages, and does her best to put the Luxe in LuxeSwap when you open your box.

So, one year later, I want to sincerely and honestly thank each and every one of you. Anyone who has ever cast a bid on one of my auctions, anyone who sent me something of yours to sell. Anyone who purchased something from me. Anyone who even thought of sending me something to sell. Anyone who had looked at one of my auctions and asked a question. I want to thank you all for making LuxeSwap a success this year. Thank you.

I have big plans for LuxeSwap in the coming year, hopefully continuing this upward trajectory. Stay tuned for more on those. But first, I need a break. Im taking a small time out from accepting consignments for the next few weeks - I need to get myself grounded again for the Fall rush. I want to get out and see some of the sunshine this summer and be a husband and a dad for a little while. Ill resume consignments in just a week or two. Auctions will continue to run as normal, as I have still a few hundred items to plow through and get out, so nothing is going to change on the auction interface.

Anyway, TLDR, I thank you all for making this a success. Im now going to head down to the beach, take a walk, throw on U2's where the streets have no name, and instead of saying a prayer of hope, Im going to say a prayer of thanks.

18 people like this.
  20. Rich0116

Rich0116 Senior member

Congrats to you, Spoo, and a hearty thanks for all the work you put in to make LuxeSwap such a boon to the larger community.

Enjoy your vacation, and I've got a box of stuff for you when you get back.

1 person likes this.