• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you get any good store traffic on the day after?

It was insane man. We got over 30 calls (average is like 5), with about half solid leads. Maybe 25-30 people in the store more than average. Some brought off-brand stuff but a few nice pieces came in the door - my favorite thing I bought today was a Burberry chevre suede blouson with nova lining, made in England. A few appointments for later in the week including someones husband who passed away but "loved buying suits on Savile row" and has a good "thousand ties from France".

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NICE!!!!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BIRTHDAY SUITS

9 NOVEMBER 2017

1. NWT Seraphin Blistered Leather Shearling Coat

2. NWOB John Lobb 2004 St. Crepin Limited Edition Shoes

3. Vintage Brooks Brothers Shetland Wool Shawl Cardigan

4. Sulka (made by St. Andrews) Cobalt Cashmere Silk Blazer

5. Lot x4 Vintage Sterling Silver Crest Emblematic Blazer Buttons

6. NWT Inis Meain Marled Linen Pub Jacket

7. NWT Inverallan Snowflake Cardigan

8. NWT Elder Statesman 100% Cashmere Marled Scarf

9. Brioni Super 180s Black Suit

10. Dior Homme Destroyed Jeans

NOW LIVE

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 7.36.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 7.36.49 PM.png

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Question for you guys -

Im working on partnering with a very high end company. This partnership will allow us some tremendous visibility and increase of sales. However it would involve offering items at a "buy it now" price (though not on ebay, on this companies website). We would have to pay them a small percentage of the sale if it sells though.

My question is, if some of you maybe that dont send things for the natural auction price, would you send them for a feature on this site, if I was able to work out the commission rates on my end to have it be as close as I can to where they are now?

TLDR - if we can sell your stuff for a fixed price, for close to what we charge for auction, would you bring in some heat?

If any of that is unclear, let me know.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So under this new model, would we have any ability to have input or stipulate desired base pricing?

Beasides increased exposure and volume, what are other main pros?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So under this new model, would we have any ability to have input or stipulate desired base pricing?

Beasides increased exposure and volume, what are other main pros?

Yes, you can suggest pricing (I knew you would ask this and I know what its for lol)

Pros are offering a set of high end product to high end clientele - mostly women but they are very interested in expanding their mens selection, which is where I come in. New client pool (non-ebay) and this is a way to offer fixed pricing for clients who dont prefer the auction process. No ebay fees (but a commission to them).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how much certainty do you really gain, for well known item in common size, the price on ebay is pretty steady (might be steady low, but buy at fixed price is unlikely to change that, unless you want it to sit there for 9 month and hope for one sucker to show up).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm referring to the seller I guess, seller might derive a piece of mind on execution (though semi imaginary if you ask me)

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This sounds interesting, but would like more information as a possible consigner. I am one of those people who has often thought of sending you things, but always held back because of the uncertain outcome of an EBAY auction.

What other info would you like? Its still in planning stages but happy to offer up anything I know.

how much certainty do you really gain, for well known item in common size, the price on ebay is pretty steady (might be steady low, but buy at fixed price is unlikely to change that, unless you want it to sit there for 9 month and hope for one sucker to show up).

It would only be for premium items - Kiton, LP, Gucci, Burberry, etc. Not necessarily ties, Paul Stuart, Brooks, things like that.

But the market this is in is a whole new avenue to explore, so more eyes is never a bad thing.

For example, say you wanted to send in a Kiton jacket that you didnt want to sell for less than $400. In an auction structure I would not be able to guarantee that, but in this platform, I could have this website list it at $650 "OBO" and simultaneously hang in the boutique (brick and mortar side of LS) for enhanced exposure.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoever bought these beauties today, got a great deal. I had my finger on he button ready to bid, but I was afraid they would not fit. I have never tried EG before. @SpooPoker do you allow customers to try before bidding? You are like 15-20 minutes away from me.

2D985ECF-DC99-4EB3-B9EF-E2B7B8A44152.jpeg

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whoever bought these beauties today, got a great deal. I had my finger on he button ready to bid, but I was afraid they would not fit. I have never tried EG before. @SpooPoker do you allow customers to try before bidding? You are like 15-20 minutes away from me.

View attachment 874591

Of course. We just need a 1-2 day heads up before you come to pull the item from storage.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Oh man, @cc808314, thats not going to be a dent to your wallet. Its going to be totaled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads