1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lunges: Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Threadbearer, Mar 14, 2008.

1. beasty

beasty Senior member

[​IMG] Given that your idea of a rebuttal consists of refusing to provide counterarguments, simply claiming that you "already did so" and then refusing to post a link to the posts in which you provided these impeccable critiques, it's unsurprising that you've been unable to identify the many times that I (and many others) have rebutted your points (when you actually make one). The few times you've actually tried to argue logically, even by simple analogy, have been laughable to the point where I put the over/under on your age at about 14.

I would take the over if "manchild" counts.

Haha. You are still harping over that?
    The time you spent typing this, you could have easily found my earlier posts.
    With such laziness, I wonder what do you do in the gym exactly?
    Do you pay for an instructor to do all the lifting for you?

2. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

^The same could be said for you.

Shouldn't you be off learning to front squat or something?

Denying that an argument has been made is not a rebuttal. Just fyi.

I would think that there are plenty of bodybuilding forums out there that would be more amenable to your drivel.

3. remn

remn Senior member

I didnt say that. I say look like them ie gargantuanly massively muscular. In line with the Arnold theme, a manly man.

going on a limb here, but i'd venture to say a very small minority want to look like 3% bodyfat carrying, vein-bulging, bearish, "manly" men. I'd say 95% would rather look like an attractive GQ-model.

I have a lot of respect for bodybuilders, but that doesn't change that fact that you're wrong.

4. smw356

smw356 Senior member

I wish I could be a strong enough of an Imaginaut to make these conclusions

Teach me the ways oh wise one.

5. beasty

beasty Senior member

I wish I could be a strong enough of an Imaginaut to make these conclusions

Teach me the ways oh wise one.

Simple. Laziness begets laziness and permeates everything he does.

6. beasty

beasty Senior member

going on a limb here, but i'd venture to say a very small minority want to look like 3% bodyfat carrying, vein-bulging, bearish, "manly" men. I'd say 95% would rather look like an attractive GQ-model.

I have a lot of respect for bodybuilders, but that doesn't change that fact that you're wrong.

Hmm. Yup.
    Everyone wants to look like a skinny faggot with defined arms, chest, shoulders and abs but no legs or back.
    Everyone wants to train biceps with nothing heavier than 10 kg per am on a big rubber ball.
    Everyone wants to go for facials, do yoga and pilates and cry all loud to a female buddy once in a while to get in touch with their inner child.

Yup. Yesiree.

Or instead do you want to look like a well groomed vein bulging, big tough dude that is ready to explode out of his immaculate 5 K Kiton suit and AE shoes?

7. kever

kever Senior member

Hmm. Yup.
    Everyone wants to look like a skinny faggot with defined arms, chest, shoulders and abs but no legs or back.
    Everyone wants to train biceps with nothing heavier than 10 kg per am on a big rubber ball.
    Everyone wants to go for facials, do yoga and pilates and cry all loud to a female buddy once in a while to get in touch with their inner child.

Yup. Yesiree.

Or instead do you want to look like a well groomed vein bulging, big tough dude that is ready to explode out of his immaculate 5 K Kiton suit and AE shoes?

WOW... what? Show me a bodybuilder in a 5K Kiton suit and AE shoes.
    Also, you previously argued about getting girls. I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of women would go for the "faggot" that you described. Or is that why all the most beautiful women are hanging off the veiny arms of bodybuilders? [​IMG]
    Are there any famous/semi famous/not famous beautiful girls with bodybuilders? Honest question. I've never seen one.

8. beasty

beasty Senior member

WOW... what? Show me a bodybuilder in a 5K Kiton suit and AE shoes.
    Also, you previously argued about getting girls. I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of women would go for the "faggot" that you described. Or is that why all the most beautiful women are hanging off the veiny arms of bodybuilders? [​IMG]
    Are there any famous/semi famous/not famous beautiful girls with bodybuilders? Honest question. I've never seen one.

This is a no brainer. If you are a chick, you want to date a:

1. A metrosexual who knows more about skin/hair/body care than you, cries like a baby after sex and watching Pixar cartoons and have a medicore acceptable body? Or
    2. A manly man who is kind, sensitive, in touch with hiimself, not afraid of hard work, willingness to sacrifice, long term goal oriented and bigger than a brick shithouse?

I give you 10 seconds to give me the answer.

9. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Senior member

1. A metrosexual who knows more about skin/hair/body care than you, cries like a baby after sex and watching Pixar cartoons and have a medicore acceptable body? Or
    2. A manly man who is kind, sensitive, in touch with hiimself, not afraid of hard work, willingness to sacrifice, long term goal oriented and bigger than a brick shithouse?

All this talks about being manly men, (which bodybuilders are clearly do not. I can think of another profession where men have to pose oiled up in thongs to be judged by other men) leads me to believe you have deep rooted insecurities about your sexuality. I would much rather look like asafa powell, who has a world record etc than any bodybuilder

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

You're still not going to give an answer?

All you have to do is post a link to the post where you answered the original question. That's it. And yet you won't. With such laziness, I wonder, what do you do when prepping for a show, exactly? Do you have someone else slip on your thong and oil up your chest?

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I'm sorry - I am traveling this week and went into a gym that cateers to amateur body builders (or, that is the way it looks to me, it obviously doens't attract serious lifters). all sorts of pretty, well cut people lifting tiny little weights. really, there were no substantial weights at all.

you can't argue that these guys are masculine - you want masculine look at guys who are actually picking up weights - not checking out how they look when they pick up weights.

12. Saucemaster

^^Seriously. I think the obsession over "manly men" is kind of ridiculous on, of all things, a Style Forum, but Olympic lifters are "manly men". Powerlifters are manly men. Bodybuilders, not so much.

13. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

This does nothing to prove your point. You assume that 2 is the correct answer, which it may not be, and you haven't proven that bodybuilders fall into category 2. Nice try.

Also, I think that if anyone actually did the research on this, they'd find that non-bodybuilder athletes get more and better-looking women than bodybuilders do.

14. Saucemaster

Also, I think that if anyone actually did the research on this, they'd find that non-bodybuilder athletes get more and better-looking women than bodybuilders do.

...And that ugly rich guys outdraw them both. [​IMG]

15. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

16. remn

remn Senior member

are you 13 years old? No sense of logic, no insight into personality types, uses idiotic generalizations to make points, uses the phrase "manly man."

17. beasty

beasty Senior member

I'm sorry - I am traveling this week and went into a gym that cateers to amateur body builders (or, that is the way it looks to me, it obviously doens't attract serious lifters). all sorts of pretty, well cut people lifting tiny little weights. really, there were no substantial weights at all.

you can't argue that these guys are masculine - you want masculine look at guys who are actually picking up weights - not checking out how they look when they pick up weights.

You must have chanced upon the gym for natural bodybuilders.
    It is essential for bodybuilders to use heavier and heavier weights for progressive development.

18. beasty

beasty Senior member

This does nothing to prove your point. You assume that 2 is the correct answer, which it may not be, and you haven't proven that bodybuilders fall into category 2. Nice try.

OK. Wise guy. Since you are so smart, if you are a chick, would you pick 1 or 2?
    Once you have answered, I will answer why bodybuilders fall into category 2.

19. beasty

beasty Senior member

^^Seriously. I think the obsession over "manly men" is kind of ridiculous on, of all things, a Style Forum, but Olympic lifters are "manly men". Powerlifters are manly men. Bodybuilders, not so much.

If by manly man, you mean fat overweight guys with a layer of fat covering their muscles.

20. beasty

beasty Senior member

All this talks about being manly men, (which bodybuilders are clearly do not. I can think of another profession where men have to pose oiled up in thongs to be judged by other men) leads me to believe you have deep rooted insecurities about your sexuality. I would much rather look like asafa powell, who has a world record etc than any bodybuilder

For god's sake! Thats only a small minor part of bodybuilding.
    Based on your argument, bodybuilders must be gluttons and sleephog because they dedicate alot of their time to eating and sleeping?