1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lunges: Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Threadbearer, Mar 14, 2008.

1. smw356

smw356 Senior member

the imaginauts strike back

2. gvibes

gvibes Senior member

Ronnie Coleman is on HGH, Test, and horse steroids (winstrol).
    Even if true, it's highly likely that his competitors were also on HGH, test, and roids, yet Ronnie still managed to win 8 consecutive Mr. Olympias, meaning that Ronnie does something better than everyone else (or has better genetics than everyone else).

3. why

why Senior member

Even if true, it's highly likely that his competitors were also on HGH, test, and roids, yet Ronnie still managed to win 8 consecutive Mr. Olympias, meaning that Ronnie does something better than everyone else (or has better genetics than everyone else).
    What kind of fucked up logic is that? Cheetahs run over 50mph, therefore if you want to run faster you need to get down on all fours and hunt gazelles.

4. beasty

beasty Senior member

What kind of fucked up logic is that?

Cheetahs run over 50mph, therefore if you want to run faster you need to get down on all fours and hunt gazelles.

If doing that can make me as fast as a Cheetah and if doing lunges can make my quads as big as Ronnie's, I will do it.

5. beasty

beasty Senior member

Yes. Indeed he does something better than everyone else.
    He lifts heavier, longer, tougher.
    He trains smarter, and more efficient.
    He diets better, smarter.

6. smw356

smw356 Senior member

If doing that can make me as fast as a Cheetah... I will do it.

need video proof.

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    need video proof.
    Okay, this isn't exactly what you requested, but it's still one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

And now can we either let this thread die or go back to discussing lunges? Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

8. beasty

beasty Senior member

Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

Its very simple: jealousy.

Rather than putting in the effort to train balls to the balls to a vomit inducing state or train or rest or diet when the whole world is partying and pigging out, it is infinitely easier to disparage the efforts of others and post bitchy remarks on the internet instead.

If these people spend the same time doing the latter, in the gym instead, they will have an incremental increase in their physiques and more importantly they will have better mental psyches and be less bitter as well.

9. why

why Senior member

Okay, this isn't exactly what you requested, but it's still one of the funniest commercials I've ever seen.

And now can we either let this thread die or go back to discussing lunges? Why do so many of our weight-lifting threads morph into fights over who's using steroids?

It's not a fight...Ronnie Coleman isn't natural.

10. beasty

beasty Senior member

It's not a fight...Ronnie Coleman isn't natural.

Oh really? so is he some Alien-human hybrid or animal-human hybrid.

11. smw356

smw356 Senior member

Oh really? so is he some Alien-human hybrid or animal-human hybrid.

aren't all imaginauts?

12. william

william Senior member

What is your evidence Ronnie are on those things? If not, you are doing a great disservice to the sport, the man, his hardwork and his legion of fans.

I would also point out IFBB strenously drug test competitors in Mr Olympia and have stripped competitors who failed the tests even medalists. I would think Ronnie being repeated champ (on par with the great Lee) would be tested more vigorously since he was competiting and beating men younger than him.

Hence unless you have iron clad proof, an apology to Ronnie, IFBB and Ronnie's fans is in order.

Wow.

13. gvibes

gvibes Senior member

What kind of fucked up logic is that?

Cheetahs run over 50mph, therefore if you want to run faster you need to get down on all fours and hunt gazelles.

So Ronnie is a different species from his competitors now?

14. beasty

beasty Senior member

To those who place mental and physical blocks on themselves, who dont train balls to the walls, who think spindly legs and big upper body is a good physique, who is allergic to hard work, Ronnie would seem to be as alien as Superman to Jimmy Olsen.

15. why

why Senior member

The argument of lunges making Ronnie Coleman a winner is about as faulty as saying saying eating big meals of pasta isn't bad for you because Italians have the lowest BMI (or cheetahs run fast because they hunt gazelles); the causality simply isn't there.

16. beasty

beasty Senior member

The argument of lunges making Ronnie Coleman a winner is about as faulty as saying saying eating big meals of pasta isn't bad for you because Italians have the lowest BMI (or cheetahs run fast because they hunt gazelles); the causality simply isn't there.

NO one said doing lunges made Ronnie or anyone else a winner.
    I said Ronnie popularised it, which can be shown by other bodybuilders incorporating this in their workout.

It just so happens Ronnie became a winner. Based on that, are you saying if you drank the same milk Ronnie drinks, you would be a winner too?

Your leap of logic and failed attempt to logicised my points shows you lack causality yourself. Left to your own devices, you would be wearing skin tight thongs thinking it would make you a bodybuilder since all Mr Olympia wears them.

17. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

It's comforting to know that we can always count on beasty to miss the point in awe-inspiring fashion.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what it means that why lacks causality. Either it means that he is without cause, which would make him God, or it means that he is completely separate from the entire universal chain of causation, which leads me to wonder, how on earth did he type out his response?

18. beasty

beasty Senior member

19. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Do you realize that you actually REITERATED why's point in the guise of disagreeing with him? You attributed a view to him that was the exact OPPOSITE of what he said.

You have problems, child. With your reading comprehension, the internet is not the medium for you.

20. beasty

beasty Senior member

Do you realize that you actually REITERATED why's point in the guise of disagreeing with him? You attributed a view to him that was the exact OPPOSITE of what he said.

You have problems, child. With your reading comprehension, the internet is not the medium for you.

You do realise I have clarified with why and explained how his statement is totally erroneous and his conclusions misconceived since I did not state what he claimed to be the case.

My post in rebuttal by presenting a point in direct opposition to his exposes how wrong he is. Anyone with a bare modicum of intelligence would have caught on to it and marvel at my witty retort and utter demolition of why just like all bodybuilders marvel at the size and muscle density of Jay and how he demolishes the weights in the gym and rival competitors.

You obviously dont read nor comprehend well. I only hope your failures does not translate to your bodybuilding efforts.