Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lunch Rec. Around the Met in NYC Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Huntsman, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I am uncharacteristically doing something on short notice and am going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art tomorrow. Can anyone give me a recommendation for lunch within a mile or so? French, Italian, Pub, Deli, Continental all good. Will entertain other suggestions, but not looking for Indian, Mid East, or Japanese on this trip.

Thanks guys,
    Huntsman

2. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

The last time I was there....go outside, walk to the right, buy hotdog(s) at the cart. Mmmm, street dog.

b

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

You really feel like walking a mile? I've had fine quick Italian bites around the corner at Serafina (Madison and 79th)... there's a small place right on that corner as well that's alwasy been good for an omelette.

And I think the Barbour store is across the street [​IMG]

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I hope that you will be seeing the German portraits of the 20's exhibit - I am sick that I won't make it there before it closes.

I really never used to eat on the upper east side. might i suggest popping down to chinatown to Joe's ginger? if you don't want to go that far Tang's Pavilian at 65 west 55th has about the best shanghia food in midtown - great soup dumpings.

5. Buster

Buster Senior member

Cafe Boulud on east 76th between 5th Madison is only 6-7 blocks away.
    But that's only if you have some time.

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Thanks, guys -- unfortunately I didn't go, woke up sick as a dog. Really pissed. This was my gift to myself before I start working FT on Monday.

Shore - sure I'd walk a mile. I enjoy walking in the City quite a lot.

I don't know if I'll catch the exhibit now, either, globe, but I've heard good things about Joe's Ginger in the past. Bob -- I eat too many of the darn things as it is! Buster, probably the Cafe would have ben it if I had made it.

Regards,
    Huntsman