• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch from home suggestions?

Myko

Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any suggestions on some variety for packing lunch from home.

Getting tired of the usual deli meat sandwiches/yogurt/banana combo I pack. I have a fridge at work, so perishible items aren't a concern.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like marinated mozzarella (for lack of a more accurate term) on flatbread. I use mozzarella, feta, basil, onions, tomato and EV olive oil. I usually add some salt and pepper. Just mix and then let it refrigerate. I eat it on a flatbread with fresh spinach.

Then there is always sushi and the like. In Japan, lunches are an art form, maybe someone else who knows more can help with that.

breakdown

Reaction score
For convenience, I like making one pot meals. Chili, beef stew over brown rice, stuff like that and eating them throughout the week.

Also, sometimes it's easier to cook a dinner for two rather than one, so I just throw half of my dinner into a pyrex and eat the same meal for lunch the next day.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nearly everyday, i bring:

grilled chicken with quinoa and steamed vegetables

or

chilli

or

steak or tuna steak with a mixed green salad

i buy lunch once a week to keep it interesting.

Myko

Reaction score
Your marinated mozzerella really sounds interesting - how do you mix the mozzerella, isn't it all "clumpy"? How much EV Olive Oil do you use? - I always end up putting in too much. thx.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A curry can be a nice change from sandwiches. If you lack the time and/or culinary skill, some of the prepared stuff can be decent. The pastes--to which you add onions, tomatoes, and meat--can turn out very nicely. I've had particularly good results with the Pataks brand vindaloo.

One can makes enough curry to last four or five lunches, served with rice.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't use fresh mozzarella (although that shouldn't be a problem anyway). I just cube it. For the feta I use pre-crumbled stuff (feta can be omitted though).

I just pour the EV olive oil in, it doesn't cover more than half the ingredients usually, and just mix or shake it a few times while I am letting it marinate. It will drip off of the flat bread at least a little while eating.

bimmernate

Reaction score
One of my favorite things that I do:
Cut some strips of chicken out of a chicken breast. Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs and coconut shavings. Bake for 15 minutes.

Healthy chicken tenders. Its very good either hot or cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics