• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lunch from home suggestions?

Myko

Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any suggestions on some variety for packing lunch from home.

Getting tired of the usual deli meat sandwiches/yogurt/banana combo I pack. I have a fridge at work, so perishible items aren't a concern.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like marinated mozzarella (for lack of a more accurate term) on flatbread. I use mozzarella, feta, basil, onions, tomato and EV olive oil. I usually add some salt and pepper. Just mix and then let it refrigerate. I eat it on a flatbread with fresh spinach.

Then there is always sushi and the like. In Japan, lunches are an art form, maybe someone else who knows more can help with that.

breakdown

Reaction score
For convenience, I like making one pot meals. Chili, beef stew over brown rice, stuff like that and eating them throughout the week.

Also, sometimes it's easier to cook a dinner for two rather than one, so I just throw half of my dinner into a pyrex and eat the same meal for lunch the next day.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nearly everyday, i bring:

grilled chicken with quinoa and steamed vegetables

or

chilli

or

steak or tuna steak with a mixed green salad

i buy lunch once a week to keep it interesting.

Myko

Reaction score
Your marinated mozzerella really sounds interesting - how do you mix the mozzerella, isn't it all "clumpy"? How much EV Olive Oil do you use? - I always end up putting in too much. thx.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A curry can be a nice change from sandwiches. If you lack the time and/or culinary skill, some of the prepared stuff can be decent. The pastes--to which you add onions, tomatoes, and meat--can turn out very nicely. I've had particularly good results with the Pataks brand vindaloo.

One can makes enough curry to last four or five lunches, served with rice.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't use fresh mozzarella (although that shouldn't be a problem anyway). I just cube it. For the feta I use pre-crumbled stuff (feta can be omitted though).

I just pour the EV olive oil in, it doesn't cover more than half the ingredients usually, and just mix or shake it a few times while I am letting it marinate. It will drip off of the flat bread at least a little while eating.

bimmernate

Reaction score
One of my favorite things that I do:
Cut some strips of chicken out of a chicken breast. Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs and coconut shavings. Bake for 15 minutes.

Healthy chicken tenders. Its very good either hot or cold.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40