1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lululemon Athletica - Their workout clothes any good?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Rambo, Aug 9, 2010.

1. jarude

jarude Senior member

whats this?? females engaging in groupthink when it comes to matters of fashion? shocking. i am shocked.

2. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Shorts like that are the reason I don't go to Hooters; not to mention the shitty food, the shorts are absolutely hideous on those girls.

3. SField

SField Senior member

All my work out gear is lululemon

I also wear the Game on Boxers... the only underwear I like more are Zimmerli. Fit is great, feels good and the wicking is pretty unbelievable.

I don't own any pants, just shorts. I own a lot of tops (some which I wear as casual street clothes.) I'd say that the hoodie things and the underwear are my favorite. Also the socks are very, very good. It's a pretty big step up from Nike and UA.

4. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Is there a good place to order this stuff? My gf would probably like some pilates clothes for Christmas, but I'm not stepping foot in a damn yoga store.

5. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I use Lululemon shorts --the Up Dawg-- for acroyoga, and I feel that they are the best for that activity. However, not only are their shirts about three times the price of their competitors, I do not think that they wick as well as their competitors. I recommend getting Patagonia Capilene 1 shirts. I have tried wicking shirts by everyone under the sun, and these are hands-down the best.

6. SField

SField Senior member

Is there a good place to order this stuff? My gf would probably like some pilates clothes for Christmas, but I'm not stepping foot in a damn yoga store.

O get over yourself. The stores are filled with hot girls and they have nice men's stuff.

7. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

O get over yourself. The stores are filled with hot girls and they have nice men's stuff.

Eh. I would prefer not to.

8. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

FWIW, I have some of it, and a few other brands, for Bikram yoga classes. The room is heated to 105 degrees so comfort, wicking etc is a major issue, and of all the clothes I have, I like the lulu stuff the best. I was a bit averse to the brand at first, but after 90 minutes in 105 degree heat I don't give a shit if it's a bit girly.

9. hastur

hastur Senior member

It's stupid. My shorts and shirts are beat up, sweated in, and washed once a week. I have five pair of everything I wear, because that's how many times I work out every week. It all gets washed hot and dried hot once a week too, so it doesn't smell. It takes a beating. There is no way you could convince me that an $80 pair of polyester shorts is somehow any better at dealing with this kind of treatment than the $10 pair of shorts I bought from Target. If I were to replace everything with stuff from lulu to last me a week, I'd be looking at something like $500+ for new stuff. That's a gym membership for two years.
    FWIW, I have some of it, and a few other brands, for Bikram yoga classes. The room is heated to 105 degrees so comfort, wicking etc is a major issue, and of all the clothes I have, I like the lulu stuff the best. I was a bit averse to the brand at first, but after 90 minutes in 105 degree heat I don't give a shit if it's a bit girly.
    This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. If you're worried about keeping yourself cool during hot yoga, you shouldn't be wearing lulu anything, as they don't make any true compression gear. This kind of clothing is the absolute best way to keep yourself cool because of the way the fabric, being so close and tight against your skin, brings all of the moisture to the surface, allowing it to dry faster, which is what actually cools you off. A simple $20 lycra singlet would do better than anything you could buy from lulu.

10. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

lululemon.com has an online store. Free shipping to any US address I think. You can take whatever you have ordered to a store for free alteration (or she can if you don't want to go in...).

I am a fan of their workout gear - impressed with their fit, durability, and quality. However, I have to say - some are too brightly colored for me.

11. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. If you're worried about keeping yourself cool during hot yoga, you shouldn't be wearing lulu anything, as they don't make any true compression gear. This kind of clothing is the absolute best way to keep yourself cool because of the way the fabric, being so close and tight against your skin, brings all of the moisture to the surface, allowing it to dry faster, which is what actually cools you off. A simple $20 lycra singlet would do better than anything you could buy from lulu.

It's not about staying cool (which kind of defeats the purpose of hot yoga), it's about how the garment responds when it is completely drenched. Some get heavy and sag, some get clingy, making certain postures awkward. Yes, a lycra singlet might be the best option, but I don't find them particularly discreet.

12. mikkeman77

mikkeman77 New Member

13. Church's Goer

Church's Goer Well-Known Member

I've owned 2 shirts for nearly 10 years, and a couple of more items for slightly less time. The first two are still my favourite workout shirts. The wife has tonnes of clothing from them - extremely comfortable and resilient. Great fit (I hate clingy clothes) and each has proven resilient to hundreds of washings by now. Lulu offers tonnes of plain styles for those of us more conservative in their gym garb too. Just tell the SA what you want and they will accommodate.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

uh, stupid spammer bump.

anyway, just wanted to say that I've got about 7 workout shirts from Nike, to Underarmour and then generic wicking marathon shirts and my Lululemon shirt and shorts still look great and have such a good cut I always feel really good working out in them. So are they pricey, yeah, but IMO worth it. Buy less and wash more.

15. mikkeman77

mikkeman77 New Member

16. ExottikaFitness

ExottikaFitness New Member