1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luisaviaroma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jswanson3, Aug 21, 2006.

1. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior Member

Considering purchasing some Dior Homme stuff from Luisaviaroma.com. I have heard that they dont help you avoid some sort of import/customs fees when having items shipped to the US. What are these fees, and how much should I expect to pay on say $500?

2. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Considering purchasing some Dior Homme stuff from Luisaviaroma.com. I have heard that they dont help you avoid some sort of import/customs fees when having items shipped to the US. What are these fees, and how much should I expect to pay on say $500?

$500? I assume that buys a pair of Dior Homme shoelaces, with tiny little bees on them? [​IMG]

I'm just bitter because in no foreseeable future will I be able to afford any DH.

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Distinguished Member

$500? I assume that buys a pair of Dior Homme shoelaces, with tiny little bees on them? [​IMG]

I'm just bitter because in no foreseeable future will I be able to afford any DH.

Plus the $500 doesn't cover all the heroin you'll need to use to be able to wear the stuff.

4. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Dior Homme supports terrorism!

I think Slimane just dismisses it as a negative externality.

5. sphoxx

sphoxx Member

The US prices on the site include those costs; click checkout and it will all make sense. V.A.T. will show up, those are the charges.

6. minya

minya Senior Member

The US prices on the site include those costs; click checkout and it will all make sense. V.A.T. will show up, those are the charges.
    VAT is not applicable to anyone outside the European Community.

7. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

VAT is not applicable to anyone outside the European Community.

Correct. I got a bill for $70 from FedEx for customs on my pair of $260 raw Diors from Luisaviaroma. Browns was more expensive on the jeans, but I did not get any customs charges from DHL.

What were you looking to pick up?

8. gamelan

gamelan Distinguished Member

Correct. I got a bill for $70 from FedEx for customs on my pair of $260 raw Diors from Luisaviaroma. Browns was more expensive on the jeans, but I did not get any customs charges from DHL.

What were you looking to pick up?

ok, i'll probably look like a dumba** for asking but can you explain all this since i may order from lvr in the future. so you order some jeans from them and got a $70 customs bill from FedEx. but like minya mentions, at least you didn't have to pay VAT.

so who is Browns? oh nevermind...i think i get it. Browns is some other Euro-based retailer and they use DHL who did not charge you customs. got it. so who is Browns?

-Jeff

9. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

www.brownsfashion.com Yeah, I just got a bill in the mail from FedEx about a week after I got my jeans. Kinda sucked, but what can you do? Browns had nice customer service. They answered my questions promptly, and let me return the jeans with no problem. Luisaviaroma also answered my questions very well, and shipped my jeans in the nicest box I've ever bought anything in. I think they're both about the same in terms of delivery time and customer service. EDIT: Oh yeah, VAT. VAT is value added tax, and it's for Euro folk only. They just deduct it for us. Kinda like sales tax for out of state online purchases, except VAT is a much larger percentage.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

I've purchased from that site, and then I received several bills from Fedex. I didn't want to pay them so I delayed sending a check until a collection agency acting on behalf of Fedex relayed me numerous bills.

11. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior Member

Crazy thought... Does FedEx have direct contact with the store to get your info for the bill, or do they just send it to the name on the package? Assuming LVR lets you have speperate billing/shipping addresses, could I just make up a name resulting in all the following bills being addressed to a false name?

12. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

I don't think so. My bill has both my social and my phone number on there. Not sure how they got my social...

13. Fine_Ara

Fine_Ara Member

DAMNED...., I just found this thread.

Yesterday I just bought 3 jeans from Luisaviaroma and pay about 510 euro. Does anyone knows how much taxes that I should pay...? They sent the package with FEDEX.

I'm just worry about the custom fees....

By The Way, I lived in Indonesia.

14. ppllzz

ppllzz Distinguished Member

i purchased from them and received no bill. depends on your luck, though i only got a pair of sneakers

15. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

DAMNED...., I just found this thread.

Yesterday I just bought 3 jeans from Luisaviaroma and pay about 510 euro. Does anyone knows how much taxes that I should pay...? They sent the package with FEDEX.

I'm just worry about the custom fees....

By The Way, I lived in Indonesia.

You do realise that the only people with relevent experience would be other people in Indonesia?
    Whether people in the US had to pay customs/duty doesn't really matter to you.

Since they sent it fedex though, don't be surprised that even if no taxes are assessed, that you'll have to pay some handling fee to them.