• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ludwig Reiter Appreciation Thread

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A thread dedicated to Austrian brand Ludwig Reiter. I recently did an interview with Till and Anna Reiter (see link) and took a factory tour. I thought I'd include some of the extra photos here for those interested.

Link to the article: https://journal.styleforum.net/a-visit-to-viennese-shoemaker-ludwig-reiter/

Included photos include the factory store. Most, if not all, are factory seconds and priced on a case by case basis. Boxes included quick notes that described the defect, but all were cosmetic and (my opinion) minor. Recrafting is available on seconds so long as they haven't been touched by a different cobbler.

Recrafting services:

Norwegers for Holland & Holland:

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes. I have two pairs of the three eyelet derbies in the now discontinued
Amerikaner last. Regretably, this last, was discontinued as of 2014, when
I visited their stores in Salzburg and Vienna, no current last fits my wide feet.
Same in 2016 at the London store.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great shoes. I have two pairs of the three eyelet derbies in the now discontinued
Amerikaner last. Regretably, this last, was discontinued as of 2014, when
I visited their stores in Salzburg and Vienna, no current last fits my wide feet.
Same in 2016 at the London store.

Too bad on the discontinued last! I know they have a MTO program where you choose the last, material, model, color, etc. I believe it's only offered in store, and I don't know the pricing, but since you know your last and size, maybe they'd do it for you without going to a store?

It's sunny, so I thought I'd give these a bit more use:

They're the Espadrillo in taupe. Leather-lined, crepe sole. Unbelievably comfortable, but I haven't given them enough wear to say how hot they'll be.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes they will do MTO for my old last. However, if for some reason the shoes
do not come out exactly right, there is no refund. I was not prepared to spend
near $1000 with the hope that the make-up in a different leather works. I've had
mixed results over the years with MTO for clothing and most recently, shoes from
Maftei- which did not fit at all.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited the factory store in Jan 2018 and boy was I glad I’m in the states. I walked out of there with two pairs of sheep lined boots. The young lady kept going in back pulling out gems. If I hadn’t already blown $3000 grand on Maftei shoes I would have left with a third. A beautiful pair of shell monks. Still kicking myself for not taking those too.
The one pair are my go to winter boots on winter weekends. I beat the hell out of them in the slosh and snow in Zakopane. But they took it like champs.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I can see this thread never really got off the ground.

Just bought Mt first pair of LR boots and I'm pretty pleased with the fit. More pointy than my typical style of English shoes but nice for a change.
1713409032992.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads