• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lucky brand

allenpa5

Reaction score
Hey what is the general opinion of Lucky Brand jeans? I'm thinking about getting a pair and just wanted some input from some other guys. I was looking at these ones: http://www.luckybrandjeans.com/Produ...603170000&pn=1

I really don't like the look of them from the website, but I tried them on and they seemed to fir alright and looked alright in the mirror. Thanks for any input guys.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really suck at retail. I bought a pair once for about $20 at Marshalls and even that was questionable. And what's with the 21.5" leg opening? That's serious flare territory. I hate skinny jeans, but anything over 18" is too big IMO.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't do it. Same for sevens, same for True Religions. At that price point there is much better denim out there.

velobran

Reaction score
There are several threads on this forum on what is considered "quality denim". I suggest searching for the threads on APC, Nudie, and other "starter" raw denim. For another $20 or $30 you can get a good pair from Denim Bar. They have an affiliate thread here that will list the coupon code and are very helpful for picking out your first pair. If you must try them on before you buy, I am sure people here can tell you what stores are in your area that carry similar cuts.

Welcome.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're basically what I bought before I discovered SF because I didn't know any better. They're a lot like Sevens in that they're sort of pre-broken in, and they often have some sort of stretchy blend in them. For the roughly $100 price point you can do a lot better.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
I'm basically echoing what's been said already, but at Context you can get a pair of Good Society jeans at that price.

allenpa5

Reaction score
wow thanks for the quick feeback everyone. I guess I'll look into the other brands mentioned. $100 is a lot of cash to blow on a pair of jeans that are just OK. I was checking out Marshalls, too, and found a couple Diesel pairs I liked. Maybe I'll just grab a pair or two of those and check out the SFs or nudies.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allenpa5
wow thanks for the quick feeback everyone. I guess I'll look into the other brands mentioned. $100 is a lot of cash to blow on a pair of jeans that are just OK. I was checking out Marshalls, too, and found a couple Diesel pairs I liked. Maybe I'll just grab a pair or two of those and check out the SFs or nudies.

Stick around man, and in a very short time you'll be dropping twice that on a very good pair, without even batting an eyelash.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Stick around man, and in a very short time you'll be dropping twice that on a very good pair, without even batting an eyelash.
he's not kidding. i came here trying to find out how to shrink my levi's stfs in january, and friday i just bought my second pair of 5EPs. in two weeks. this place is like the second verse of 'sign o' the times' if that song was about pants.

Minkous

Reaction score
No one wears Lucky Jeans anymore! GIT' SUM TRUE RELIGEON'S AND PARTYYY LIK'A ROCKSTAR!!!!!

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
they have longer inseams than most other mall brand jeans, but suck. I had a pair in HS for maybe 6 months and out of nowhere i was walking down the hall and they got a huge rip down the inseam.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some halfway decent Lucky cuts out there, I don't think that's one of them. They are halfway decent denim, but not at that price (I wear halfway decent denim). If you catch them seriously on sale, they are worth the cash. Otherwise, don't bother.

*coming from someone who kind of likes Lucky denim....*

Yaz

Reaction score
I used to wear Lucky brand almost exclusively before I discovered Japanese selvage denim. I didn't realize how thin, flimsy, and cheap they felt until I bought my first pair of Sugar Canes from SelfEdge. The difference in quality and construction was almost comical. I kept one pair of Luckys just for kicks (the rest went immediately to salvation army) but I could never imagine going back to mall jeans.

Some good places to check out as others have mentioned above are Denim Bar, Blue in Green, and Self Edge. Beware, though...once you get your first pair it becomes like an addiction...you've been warned...
tounge.gif

kakemono

Reaction score
Diesel at marshalls? You are fortunate!

My marshalls just has junk.... and by junk i mean Nautica/AEagle as thier high end jeans. I seriously envy poeple talking about better brands carried by Marshall.s

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakemono
Diesel at marshalls? You are fortunate!

My marshalls just has junk.... and by junk i mean Nautica/AEagle as thier high end jeans. I seriously envy poeple talking about better brands carried by Marshall.s

I'd love to see what would happen if some really high end brands somehow ended up on their racks. Understated stuff like maybe 5EP, SDA, Eternal. I bet it would just get shuffled right through by 99.99% of the people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads