• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lucky brand

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Luckys aren't the best quality but they are a comfortable pair of jeans to kick around in.

arenn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Stick around man, and in a very short time you'll be dropping twice that on a very good pair, without even batting an eyelash.

Ain't that the truth. I was actually on track to phase jeans completely out of my wardrobe, then I started spending time here and not just in the trad section, next thing you know LAGuy comes out with a new top 10 list and I've already got four of 'em
smile.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lucky jeans are comfy
some cuts are okay
their target audience isnt really the kind of people who post on here though

they were pretty much all i wore before "skinny/slim" jeans

i'd never get a pair again
and i got them all for basically $30ish
but oh well
if you just want something comfy not to break in and you can buy them for $30-40
do it

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Lucky Jeans and I think they are decent. They don't sell the skin tight cuts everyone on here seems to like so it really depends on how you like them to fit.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
I just purchased a pair of Lucky Jeans and I think they are decent. They don't sell the skin tight cuts everyone on here seems to like so it really depends on how you like them to fit.

That's a huge misconception that most of us here like skin tight jeans. I would say most of us like them relatively slim, but not tight.

Anamoly

Reaction score
lucky was cool when they were under the radar. Then they started selling to nordys and they got a big head.

They almost doubled the price of their jeans which is laughable. At 75 bucks they were ok at 125...ah, no.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
That's a huge misconception that most of us here like skin tight jeans. I would say most of us like them relatively slim, but not tight.

Seconded. I used to wear Lucky jeans before I tried better denim. The fact that I wouldn't choose to wear them again has nothing to do with a preference for a skinny fit. I have and love a pair of PBJ's that are not particularly skinny and a pair of RB1's that are cut almost like dress pants (i.e., not even close to skinny). They've ruined me for Lucky.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sung41
lucky brand is kinda dated isnt it?

You mean it's better to get something modern like, say, a reproduction of old 501s?

UMass

Reaction score
Rip off at retail but at $20 @ TJ Maxx/Marshells not bad.

ichiboo

Reaction score
About 5, 6 years ago, a few of my friends were wearing Lucky Brand and they were trying to convince me to buy a pair. I had never paid more than $40 for a pair of jeans at that point, so I couldn't understand why anyone would pay $80 for jeans
biggrin.gif

Jferg4350

Reaction score
I have several pairs of lucky jeans and have had no problems with them. I did not (would not) pay retail for them but when you can find them on sale they arn't bad. Like others said there is better denim out there.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've got a pair or two of made in USA lucky jeans that I picked up VERY cheaply (like $8 marked down from $90) that I like for random wear. I certainly wouldn't have paid $90 for them, but I'd probably have paid up to $30 or so for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads