• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luciano Barbera Suit Maker ?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Attolini use to make LB suits, but does anyone know who the current contractor is ?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I know Attolini use to make LB suits, but does anyone know who the current contractor is ?
I recall the mention of St. Andrews - at least for the Collezione Sartoriale line. Can't seem to find those old threads though. Edit: here is one... http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=34 And a different opinion: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...42&postcount=4 I have one LB C.S. suit and it does not really seem to have the Attolini silhouette, nor the Attolini slim fit.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the construction quality, I have a few from the old Attolini days and wondering if they are still that quality

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is pretty damn nice
smile.gif

Wish I could be more specific... from my limited understanding of these matters, it is very nicely constructed, good soft fabric and comfortable.

grenadine

Reaction score
I just picked up a nice, new grey Collezione Sartoriale from ebay so I'm interested in this as well. Can anything be discovered from the product codes on the tag?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried that and had no luck

C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I tried that and had no luck

C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

A. Harris may have some ideas.

grenadine

Reaction score
C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

Where is the RN # to be found? I looked all over but didn't find anything that resembled a format like this.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saint Andrews was four makers ago, Attolini three makers back. I've not been able to find out who the current maker is as of yet.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Saint Andrews was four makers ago, Attolini three makers back. I've not been able to find out who the current maker is as of yet.

I believe Eligo is two makers ago Andrew....I would also like to know who is the current maker, though.

"The brand Eligo Napoli is owned by none other than Vincenzo Attolini. He is the eldest son of Cesare Attolini and named after his grandfather, who by many is considered the originator of Neapolitan clothing.

He broke off several years ago from Massimilliano and Giuseppe, Cesare's other two sons, to start his own label. He is so proficient at producing high quality goods he has won the contract to start producing all of Luciano Barbera"s suits and coats."

Courtesy of Ian at The World's Finest

grenadine

Reaction score
I recently saw an E-bay auction for a Barbera coat. The seller claimed that Attolini was the manufacturer as evidenced by an internal tag marked 'Grilux SpA', which was stated to be Attolini's distributor. My Barbera suit has this tag as well but I have no idea whether or not the seller is correct as to the manufacturer.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 one from I think the St. Andrews days and one from the Parnepea(sp). Both are good, the St. Andrews one I would put up against the higher makers and the Parnopea one is I would say is just a bit above belvest with Oxxford above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads