Luciano Barbera Suit Maker ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rssmsvc, Jun 15, 2006.

1. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I know Attolini use to make LB suits, but does anyone know who the current contractor is ?

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I know Attolini use to make LB suits, but does anyone know who the current contractor is ?
    I recall the mention of St. Andrews - at least for the Collezione Sartoriale line. Can't seem to find those old threads though. Edit: here is one... http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=34 And a different opinion: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...42&postcount=4 I have one LB C.S. suit and it does not really seem to have the Attolini silhouette, nor the Attolini slim fit.

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

How is the construction quality, I have a few from the old Attolini days and wondering if they are still that quality

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Mine is pretty damn nice [​IMG]
    Wish I could be more specific... from my limited understanding of these matters, it is very nicely constructed, good soft fabric and comfortable.

5. grenadine

grenadine Member

I just picked up a nice, new grey Collezione Sartoriale from ebay so I'm interested in this as well. Can anything be discovered from the product codes on the tag?

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

7. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I tried that and had no luck

C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I tried that and had no luck

C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

A. Harris may have some ideas.

9. grenadine

grenadine Member

C.C.I.A.A. NAPOLI 495876

Where is the RN # to be found? I looked all over but didn't find anything that resembled a format like this.

10. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Saint Andrews was four makers ago, Attolini three makers back. I've not been able to find out who the current maker is as of yet.

11. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Saint Andrews was four makers ago, Attolini three makers back. I've not been able to find out who the current maker is as of yet.

I believe Eligo is two makers ago Andrew....I would also like to know who is the current maker, though.

"The brand Eligo Napoli is owned by none other than Vincenzo Attolini. He is the eldest son of Cesare Attolini and named after his grandfather, who by many is considered the originator of Neapolitan clothing.

He broke off several years ago from Massimilliano and Giuseppe, Cesare's other two sons, to start his own label. He is so proficient at producing high quality goods he has won the contract to start producing all of Luciano Barbera"s suits and coats."

Courtesy of Ian at The World's Finest

12. grenadine

grenadine Member

I recently saw an E-bay auction for a Barbera coat. The seller claimed that Attolini was the manufacturer as evidenced by an internal tag marked 'Grilux SpA', which was stated to be Attolini's distributor. My Barbera suit has this tag as well but I have no idea whether or not the seller is correct as to the manufacturer.

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

I have several Barbera coats and pants, but I'm not sure how long I've had them. They are high quality but I would say they are not quite up to Oxxford, Brioni or Kiton construction quality.

14. mrwynn

mrwynn Member

For the Sartoriale line that is.

15. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

I have 2 one from I think the St. Andrews days and one from the Parnepea(sp). Both are good, the St. Andrews one I would put up against the higher makers and the Parnopea one is I would say is just a bit above belvest with Oxxford above.