1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

luciano barbera 'club' line

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ams12358, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ams12358

ams12358 New Member

does anyone know the difference between luciano barbera's 'club' line and his other lines, e.g., sartoriale? i searched but found no information whatsoever.
    thank you.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Club is partly fused and is the lower end, Sartoriale is the better line. I don't like the club items very much , I would rank them under Polo Blue Label

3. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Senior member

Don't join the "Club." With respect to the Club line suits, they are quite awful. Really thick fusing and limp lapels. Poor detailing. Often times nasty fabrics. If they were priced at $250 - $300 at a discount shop I'd say it was approaching a decent price. But those things are like $600 at Century 21. Utterly overpriced.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Sartoriale is the better line. I don't have any of the Club line so cannot comment on the quality, but if you like it and the price is right, then why not.

5. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

There aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I have one from my pre-forum days, and it remains one of my favorite suits. No, it does not have the quality of my Barbera Sartoriale suit. However, the fabric on mine is amazing, and the cut is the perfect mix of slim-but-traditional that works well on my build. To be honest, it's my go to suit when I want to look really good, and I have a closet full of alternatives like Zegna Couture, Barbera Sartoriale, Belvest, etc. Fit trumps all in the end.

Would I pay $600 for another? No. But I would pick one up for less than $300.

6. load07

load07 New Member

Much to my surprise, the 'club' line for Luciano Barbera has fused linings in the jacket. I thought I was getting top of the line when I bought my suit for $600 at Century 21. Oh well, but I agree with Fabro that fit trumps everything, and fabric too, because this suit looks fabulous on me. Dark navy with a subtle pinstripe.

I know I'll have to take it to a good cleaner, though, so I won't be stuck with bubbles from pressing.

7. Press Relations

Press Relations New Member

Club Line is now a licensed brand and is no longer manufactured by Peplo - Luciano Barbera (R) since 2007.
    "Sartoriale" belongs and is fully manufactured by Peplo - Luciano Barbera (R)

8. Rvazzano

Rvazzano New Member

I picked 2 up for 400 each! Feels thick (especially in the shoulders) and the lapels are thin. However being a college kid, these suits are great for interviews and turning heads at on campus events. It's way better than my first suit which was Kenneth Cole Reaction which was about 300.