• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luciano Barbera Callezione Sartoriale Sport Coats/Suits

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thoughts?

What price range would you look into them?

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put them in a group with RLPL, Isaia and Brioni. Above HF, Canali, Zegna, all of which I like and have several of each. I would look at suits in the $500-800 range, but I really only look out for great deals in suits I really like. I don't even look for new SCs, as I wear suits much more often and already have too many SCs.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
I put them in a group with RLPL, Isaia and Brioni. Above HF, Canali, Zegna, all of which I like and have several of each. I would look at suits in the $500-800 range, but I really only look out for great deals in suits I really like. I don't even look for new SCs, as I wear suits much more often and already have too many SCs.

Pretty much agree
fistbump.gif

Ethically though, I would have to place all those labels in the same group. Each of their top lines present fully canvassed suits. Styling apart, to separate them on quality alone would need the eyes of a god. But beauty being in the eye of the beholder, I would say your take on Barbera, RLPL, Isaia, and Brioni echoes my own sentiments.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on having the shoulders chopped to fit? Would it be ruining what makes the sport coat as nice as it is?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would put them in the range of RLPL/St. Andrews, Attolini, and Sartoria Partenopea. Because.......that's who makes them.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be careful to avoid the Luciano Barbera green label "club" suits that appear to be lesser quality.

Of the Callezione Satoriale line, I don't see much for sale on B&S or Ebay any more except some circa 2001-2006 suits and SC's. There may be some newer ones with an updated fit, but I don't see them. The older LB suits will have fuller cut legs, higher rise, broader shoulders by at least an inch wider than what is common now and they tend to be cut longer as well. LB was rather late in changing it's cut (or so I was told by their largest US dealer).

I have picked up some LB pants in the past few years but only when I find a rare pair with a trim fit.

LB used to be my favorite RTW brand. The fabrics and the details were wonderful. They just didn't navigate the changes at retail and where slow to update their line to appeal to the US market.
frown.gif

kcc

Reaction score
Barbera makes solid garments, performs point to point measurements, but doesn't offer the smaller details such single reverse pleats &/or side tabs. Overall nice, but not "next level" like Oxxford for instance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads