• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the other version in real life^^.
Fortunately only when he turned away after he greeted me
laugh.gif
I'd do this with a 3 piece suit when I'm 115% sure that I wont remove the jacket btw.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard he's a really nice chap so maybe this makes what he wears not so important.

He looks very serious in those photos though, if I was wearing clothes like that I would have a much better sense of humor about it. I mean that sincerely, because surely those clothes are meant to display whimsy and a sense of humor?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it'd look pretty amazing if it was lining a jacket.

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

oh yeah. may be pretty good as a vest back as well if it was just clouds. I think Luca would really like Westwood.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
It is tie silk though, not actual lining (the lining's on his waistcoat isnt actual lining fabric as well), it was made by Sciamt for Dolcepunta as a "gag".
11l4ylg.jpg

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This waiscoat look like a posh version of Ed Hardy...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite like the concept. I'm also pleased that he is willing to play with tradition, innovative spirit is the only thing that will keep fine tailoring going. Obviously this is a "show" piece, but all car manufactures create "concepts" so why should he be prevented from experimentation as well? Its not like he's bringing this out as RTW and saying that the masses will love it.

He's a guy, playing around in his workshop, because .. why not?

kcc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Reeves
I have heard he's a really nice chap so maybe this makes what he wears not so important.

He looks very serious in those photos though, if I was wearing clothes like that I would have a much better sense of humor about it. I mean that sincerely, because surely those clothes are meant to display whimsy and a sense of humor?

Luca totally has fun dressing in LH cloting it just doesn't come through in the photos. I've never met a moor down to earth person.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcc
Luca totally has fun dressing in LH cloting it just doesn't come through in the photos. I've never met a moor down to earth person.

I have met him twice and he was very nice ...

Not peacockish at all.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I have met him twice and he was very nice ...

Not peacockish at all.

Photographs give one a peek into the life of another ... but to know personality requires meeting.

msameth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
I quite like the concept. I'm also pleased that he is willing to play with tradition, innovative spirit is the only thing that will keep fine tailoring going. Obviously this is a "show" piece, but all car manufactures create "concepts" so why should he be prevented from experimentation as well? Its not like he's bringing this out as RTW and saying that the masses will love it.

He's a guy, playing around in his workshop, because .. why not?

Actually...

In this picture i'm wearing a vintage linen vest jacket, 3 buttons with the "Victory" Foulard on the back from our new S/S 2012 collection, a white cotton chinos, green printed tie and a "lucky" coral bracelet, where I usual wear on my left lappel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads