• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luca Rubinacci Loafers - Help!!

tony19

Reaction score
Can someone please help me out here. I saw this pic of Luca Rubinacci on the Sartorialists blog and for the life of me can not find out where he got these loafers! I've always liked the classic tassled loafers but felt the tassel was too much. these are perfect. it looks as though where the tassel is supposed to be it is tied off into a bow. the shoe almost looks like a boat shoe moccasin morphed into a dress loafer. so sweet but can't find anywhere on the net. who makes them? anyone make something similar? someone please help me out!!! thanks!

tony19

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply....any idea on where to get these loafers? Ever seen them??

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't see any details about the shoes in the photograph.

Rubinacci offers a few ready-to-wear shoes (I don't know who makes them),
those shoes might well be from their collection.

Just e-mail Rubinacci.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
I can't see any details about the shoes in the photograph.

Rubinacci offers a few ready-to-wear shoes (I don't know who makes them),
those shoes might well be from their collection.

Just e-mail Rubinacci.

Thanks BengalStripe. Can you tell me his email?? Also if you zoom in on the pic you may be able to see more detail.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think he must have got them on the second floor. Upstairs from you. Yes, I think you've seen them before.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't you just get regular tassel loafers and have a cobbler insert a longer lace with the tassels removed? Then you could just tie it off like Luca has done.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Couldn't you just get regular tassel loafers and have a cobbler insert a longer lace with the tassels removed? Then you could just tie it off like Luca has done.

Yeah I have been thinking about doing that. I spoke with my cobbler and he can do it but thought i'd throw out the question. here are the pair im thinking about using to do this. They are Moreschi.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I think he must have got them on the second floor. Upstairs from you. Yes, I think you've seen them before.

Huh??

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman

Ohhhhhhh. haha lol. You got me I'll give you that. Damn that is pretty funny....

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tony19
Can someone please help me out here. I saw this pic of Luca Rubinacci on the Sartorialists blog and for the life of me can not find out where he got these loafers! I've always liked the classic tassled loafers but felt the tassel was too much. these are perfect. it looks as though where the tassel is supposed to be it is tied off into a bow. the shoe almost looks like a boat shoe moccasin morphed into a dress loafer. so sweet but can't find anywhere on the net. who makes them? anyone make something similar? someone please help me out!!! thanks!

To anyone interested - I found out where he got these loafers - a small intalian shoe company called sw1 (www.sw1.it). See my thread "SW1 Introduction" to get the details.

Luca is also creating this style of shoe for his own shoe line. You can contact him directly if interested.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a pair very similar with BIG bows at the Tom Ford section in IFC @ HKG yesterday..

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
I saw a pair very similar with BIG bows at the Tom Ford section in IFC @ HKG yesterday..

Thats interesting....can you provide any pics? are they online?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads