• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luca Faloni - any good?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Would anyone recommend this brand for staples like shirts and polos? They look nice in the pictures and are reasonably priced. But I haven't heard of them before, I don't think, and a search on here doesn't turn up anything.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a silk-cashmere polo in Rust color a few months ago. Fine fabric and very well made. Ordered in my normal 52 and it fit well, not too clingy. I’m looking at the lava red cashmere polo from their Harry’s Bar collection next. Will ideally wear at Harry’s Bar in Paris or the original in Italy when travel is a thing again!

I was unsure as well but took the plunge when other options didn’t pan out.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s some pics. 2 of 3 buttons in use.

4AFBDE4D-4385-465F-9F70-BD530FDE0D9E.jpeg
83106D45-CD1E-4C32-99A1-08FC6FBA867E.jpeg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone recommend this brand for staples like shirts and polos? They look nice in the pictures and are reasonably priced. But I haven't heard of them before, I don't think, and a search on here doesn't turn up anything.
I wouldn’t call myself very tech savvy but if you search Google using “luca faloni site:styleforum.net” you will find a fair bit.
I have a navy linen shirt and a white cotton polo. I like both. The polo collar is made like a shirt collar (two layers of fabric), not the flimsy single layer one often sees.

Panama

Reaction score
They more known for their knitwear especially cashmere. Why not a shirtmaker for shirts?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've handled some of their polos and sweaters before and thought they were nice. Don't know if there's a lot to say about them, but the garments are very Italian. The knits are a bit finer than Scottish knitwear.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day just a sweater but a good way to get decent Italian stuff without dropping Zegna-level cashmere coin..

Last edited:

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
They more known for their knitwear especially cashmere. Why not a shirtmaker for shirts?
They came up when I was googling for linen shirts and polos in my price range. Do you have any specific recommendations for similar quality/ style /budget ?

Panama

Reaction score
They came up when I was googling for linen shirts and polos in my price range. Do you have any specific recommendations for similar quality/ style /budget ?
What is your price range for shirts and polo's? What material?

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
What is your price range for shirts and polo's? What material?
Around the £150 mark for shirts , a bit lower for polos I'd have thought. Linen shirts and cotton polos mainly at the moment.

Panama

Reaction score
Around the £150 mark for shirts , a bit lower for polos I'd have thought. Linen shirts and cotton polos mainly at the moment.
Sunspel cotton polos are £80.00 to £95.00 and frequently on promotion. Italian linen shirts are better than the Irish fabric produced shirts from my experience. I get mine from Corneliani, they are usually £250.00 but they are often on sale. The South American brand Frescobol Carioca has some Italian linen shirts on sale if you look at Google shopping..

Panama

Reaction score
Being weak, I just picked up a Frescobol Carioca Italian linen shirt. It was only £63.00 in a sale.

frescobol_carioca_regular_linen_block_shirt_in_sand_front.jpg

Panama

Reaction score
Well my hands are up for being a hypocrite. I see Luca Faloni as being a straight to consumer knitwear brand that is usually less expensive on list prices. I have never seen a sale so I often go to Falconeri etc. Any way, rather than going to a shirtmaker myself, which considering most Italian shirts are expensive. I have gone for the South American equivalent of Orelebar Brown or Vilebrequin...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

At that price, you can basically get bespoke shirts. If you're near London, there are lots of options. If you're not near London, then there may be some traveling tailors who visit where you live. I would be careful of tailors who don't already have a strong reputation for making bespoke shirts. If no bespoke options are available to you, you can try Proper Cloth online. They're the best of the eight or nine online MTM shirtmakers I've tried.

FWIW, I use Ascot Chang for bespoke shirts, but don't know if they visit where you live. I think they do good work. Nelson Chin is my fitter.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
At that price, you can basically get bespoke shirts. If you're near London, there are lots of options. If you're not near London, then there may be some traveling tailors who visit where you live. I would be careful of tailors who don't already have a strong reputation for making bespoke shirts. If no bespoke options are available to you, you can try Proper Cloth online. They're the best of the eight or nine online MTM shirtmakers I've tried.

FWIW, I use Ascot Chang for bespoke shirts, but don't know if they visit where you live. I think they do good work. Nelson Chin is my fitter.
Thanks. I do live very near London. I've thought about bespoke shirts before but it's the hassle (as in time and effort, I am sure I would enjoy the process if I had time) that's always persuaded me to go for other options. It's definitely something I want to look into though.
Will take a look at proper cloth too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads