1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ls this ebay seller to be trusted???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marc37, Dec 15, 2004.

1. marc37

marc37 Senior member

2. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

RLPL shoes from Beijing. And for a low price. [​IMG] No matter, the seller ended the auction early so that the current high bidder won...not exactly kosher behavior. I think someone got ripped off.

3. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Hmmm. Anyone else. Something else strange as well, the shoes are supposed to come from Beverley Hills boutiques etc so why are the shoes in China. l must admit, l had a sinking feeling when l knew l was dealing with a Chinese business women. My experience tells me not to trust this persons business practises yet l am so tempted to send the small amount of money ($117). Should l or shouldn't l. P.S: the people who say l shouldn't send the money better not be a size 7.5.

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Don't worry, I'm an 11 Medium. You know what they say about us right? Exactly, it's harder to find good shoes.

So that was you who "won" the auction? I'd be real suspicious of some cat who stops the auction as soon as someone bids on their merchandise, particularly when its a very high end product that would fetch a far higher price. I mean, come one, who sells brand new RLPL shoes for $117?

Why did you bid on it if all of these things bothered you?

5. acole

acole Senior member

Hmmmmm. Conventional reasoning says: you bid, you won, you pay. But this person's feedback greatly distresses me. Almost all of it is from users who have <10 fb and/or are NARU. And if you check their fb, you keep seeing the same names. There's a clear pattern of NARU'd users and auctions that get ended early among all these IDs. To top it off, your seller wants $40 S&H, and demands a wire transfer, cashier's check, or Western Union (all non-recoverable). What all this says to me is that someone is running a scam with multiple IDs supported by bogus feedback. If you send this person money, I'm dead certain you'll never see it or the shoes. You should never have bid on this auction...but if it were me, I think I'd default and take the neg. Do some research next time.

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Ha ha, I just noticed the feedback. All similar and in many cases each seller had a bunch of feedbacks received within minutes of each other. They could have made it less obvious.

7. marc37

marc37 Senior member

How can we report suspicious behaviour to ebay?

8. chocoball

chocoball Senior member

I would've gotten suspicious at the Happy Mother's Day

9. chocoball

chocoball Senior member

I would've gotten suspicious at the Happy Mother's Day banner a)in December and b)for a pair of men's shoes. Haha.....won't my mom be happy at the gift of a pair of shoes that fit me, but not her.

BTW, those exact same shoes (same pics anyway) are on sale elsewhere on ebay. I think this seller just cut and paste the pic to scam. Don't pay, and complain to ebay.

10. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l agree. The mothers day banners are just too much + the shoes are everywhere on ebay - too many high end shoes for my liking and too cheap. And yes, the pictures look cut and pasted several times - well that is my gut instinct anyway. l'm not one for cliche' sayings but, "if it's too good to be true then it probably is". The seller (female) asked me to print out my own receipt and post it with a cheque. [Very suspicious behaviour]. ls this usual ebay practice? Any other comments gents or ladies.

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Are you the winning bidder? Marc, definitely do not send any money. This is without a doubt a scam. They have been stealing all of the photos and descriptions and just relisting. You send them money, they send you nothing. Do not bid on scams.

12. marc37

marc37 Senior member

l'm convinced now.

Thanks everyone.

13. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think ebay has shot down a few of their ID's already and they just keep setting up new ones. Persistent buggers, but definitely a scam.

14. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Thanks A Harris, l were hoping you would weigh in here. l notice that the ebay seller grapevinehill is now selling the same RLPL shoes that the [scam] seller ashuaim852 does. grapevinehill has been with ebay for quite a few years and ashuaim852 has been registered only 2 days. Whilst it is obvious that ashuaim is a scammer, could it be possible that grapevinehill is a scammer as well? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....33&rd=1

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

*** slapping hand on head ***

I posted about this scam several times.  What were you thinking?

16. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Marc37,

Grapevinehill is a huge-volume seller of Polo (and all sorts of other) shoes. I've bought from them several times with no problems.

The scammer got the photos from Grapevinehill, who was the originator of the auction, photos, and descriptions.

17. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I particularly like that all but one of the feedbacks says "good." Nothing like a lazy scammer.

18. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Send those scammers a bad check, let them suffer bounce check service charge.