• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lower priced alternative to the C&J Hallam dress shoe?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the C&J Hallam dress shoe and I am not ready to pay that much money for a pair of shoes. Do you know a lower priced alternative that looks similar to the same shoe?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know of any with that pointy of a toe, but if you can handle a rounder toe then consider the AE Park Avenue.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your budget?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From 0$ to $400 CAD

dk_ace

Reaction score
The Bruno Magli Maioco is very similar although the toe is not as pointed. I bought a pair from Nordstrom Rack last week for $99, however their retail price is closer to $425. If you can find a deal like that it might work well for you.

FWIW, I would just save up for the ones you really want though. If you buy something else, even if it's very close, I think you'll still wish you had bought the ones you originally wanted. I've gone through that cycle many times now...

D

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came across these Sutors at shopthefinest. They seem close enough.
25406_1_.jpg
"Our Price: $339.00" if you're a size 11.5 that is...

Tomboys

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dk_ace
FWIW, I would just save up for the ones you really want though. If you buy something else, even if it's very close, I think you'll still wish you had bought the ones you originally wanted. I've gone through that cycle many times now...D

+1. That's what I do. If you factor in the time researching trying to find suitable alternatives, and, if you're unfortunate in your selection, buying said alternatives only to realize after the fact that you're not happy, then saving a bit more and just buying what you originally wanted can be the most cost effective in the long run.

Originally Posted by iroh
From 0$ to $400 CAD

It you look at the non-VAT price from Pediwear and convert it over, it works out to be @404 CAD. So, even if you're hit with duty fees, etc., you're looking at 500 CAD tops. So, just save a little bit longer and buy the ones you really want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads